1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappointing Deal On TS.Com

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ExFedex, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: SKB 85TSS for Sale
    Email: trapman16@live.com
    Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2011 - 03:33 PM ET
    Website Address:

I am selling an SKB 85TSS o/u

It comes with a set of chokes and a skb gun case that is airline aproved(shown in picture). It has an adjustable butt plate and comb. I had SKB go though the gun at the grand and also had the new improved springs installed.

32" barrels

$1200.00

If you are interested or have any guestions email me or call 812-673-4360

Thanks Carl Seib

On April 29,2011 Carl received a Bank of America cashiers check for $1200 from myself along with a pre-paid FedEx return airbill. Carl shipped the gun only in a cardboard box. When questioned about missing SKB airline approved case he informed me that FedEx would not ship the gun in the case but he would ship it asap. Not wanting him to be billed for the case I sent him another pre-paid air
    bill on May 9th. No SKB case and no response to phone messages since. Carl was the Indiana a Sub-Junior Champ in 2007 so I'm told. Thats a class act. Screwing over a Senior Vet in 2011 is not a class act Carl. Bill Heaphy,Stanwood, WA

shipped gun in a cardboard box not the SKB case mentioned in above thread.

2. NintyT

NintyT Member

Thats a sad start for a young man. Lets hope someone reads this and gets him started down the right path. Steve j

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ought Oh. Here we go again.

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

For what its worth, after shooting a good amount of targets before 2011, he has registered no targets for 2011 and another person with the same surname shot several targets before 2011 and has not registered any targets thus far in 2011. It looks like they are no longer registering targets for whatever reason.

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ExFedex:

Ok I think you know a lot about the shipping hazards just from your username on here.

First of all it looks like you paid the full amount he was asking and im sure you was expecting to receive the gun in the other gun case instead of the card board box I hope it didn't get damaged if so then I would want to be reimburse for any damage's since it was supposed to be in a airline type of case.

Anyway it looks like the sale was almost 4 month's ago I don't know when you bought the gun but im sure it has been awhile, You have every right to be P.Oed over this deal.

As Hoosier Daddy said

For what its worth, after shooting a good amount of targets before 2011, he has registered no targets for 2011 and another person with the same surname shot several targets before 2011 and has not registered any targets thus far in 2011. It looks like they are no longer registering targets for whatever reason.

Ok keep us updated on what happens.

It would be a shame to not trust your feller shooter now days.

Foghorn

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I ship gens and barrels ALL THE TIME and I use FedEx as my preferred shipper.

If the barrel was to have been shipped in a gun manufacturer's box which showed the gunmaker's name, then that could have been the problem. A piece of tape covering that info should have seen the box ship.

WW

7. grntitan

Have you been able to reach the kid about the case yet? I think you have given this more than ample time. This kinda thing is BS. Sounds like a kid that needs to be taught a lesson. Maybe even a good old fashioned ass whoop'n. The value is not the issue. The deal was made and it was not completed as promised. I think you did more than your share even paying for all shipping.

8. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

The gun arrived at my FFL in great condition considering the lack of padding. It was supposed to be shipped inside the SKB case which was to be bubble wrapped and boxed per Carl. Being retired from FedEx I am biased Foggy so I usually skip these How/Who To Ship On threads. After 35 years of flying everything from baby chicks to whales there is something special about Federal Express's people. With millions of packages thru the sort facilities every night sometimes in miserable weather the customer comes first philosophy prevails. Incidents happen but not intentionally.

Carl and the case are history.

Your article about Fly Fishing For Chickens still brings chuckles from my fishing buddys. That is a classic. Take care. Bill H.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Another option might be a refund for the value of the case?

Have you talked to him on the phone about this issue recently?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- I think FEDEX is the best shipper by far

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What was the point of this thread?? How it was shipped? That it wasn't shipped? That it took to much time to arrive??

You got the gun you paid for in great shape (your words). Another case of let's get the horse and hang - em.

Don

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Guys did you read the ad it says gun with skb case not just gun. Also no response to phone messages left since the way I read it. A deal is a deal the kid's a welcher. :) Bill

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

A google search of the phone number says the father is a Junior shooting coach. Seeing how they reside in Poseyville, I'd say they were regulars at the Evansville Gun Club. I wonder if anyone here frequents that club?

ss

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

ss; So what?? He has the gun. Are you wanting someone to go threaten them for what a case??

Don

14. grntitan

Don--You'd be pissed too if someone shorted you a case for a gun you purchased especially if it was supposed to be included. Your not fooling anyone if you deny that. No maybe whoop'n his ass ain't the best soultion but i'll guarentee you'd be ready to if someone screwed you in a deal. This kid did wrong and obviously thinks he has gotten away with it. I mean the kid didn't even have to pay for shipping on the case or the gun. It was prepaid both times and he still elected to screw this man. Then again maybe he does need his ass kicked over a stupid gun case.

When people avoid you like the plaque for a month or more it shows intent to defraud. He knows he did wrong or he wouldn't be avoiding communication with the buyer.

15. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

BigDon,

The way you take up for them makes me want to think they are your kin?

ss

16. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

Bigdon,can you read? the gun was suppose to shipped IN THE CASE! it was not. the seller welched on the deal made, period!

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

No I just love you Macho dudes who say "give me his address".

I wouldn't be happy if it were me but I wouldn't be on here crying about it. There are legal ways of taking care of the matter and screwing up the young man's credit so he will have a difficult time trying to buy anything in the future. Now there is a lesson learned. Now you see I would spend $2-300 to collect #100. Where there is a will there is a way.

Don

18. Toddy

Toddy Member

If a case was in the offering, then a case it should be and if you don't live up to what is paid for then you have misrepresented yourself....
    PLAIN & SIMPLE. Age has nothing to do with it.

Reg. T.

19. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Bill,

I have not seen Carl, his younger brother or the rest of the family at Evansville in quite a while. I will ask around and see what's up.

PM me and I can give you a bit of backstory -- not an excuse, but maybe take the point off the blade a bit...

John

20. TDB III

TDB III TS Member

Everyone, Especially BIGDON:

I thought that the initial reason for the post was to "warn" others out here about a deal gone bad and a Seller to avoid. BIGDON has a point about "other ways" but his comments about whining are out of order. If it happened to me I'd post a warning to others just like ExFedex did, and in hopes of others not getting screwed by the twerp and maybe the twerp reading the post, plain and simple.

TDBIII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.