1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DISAPPOINTED

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by noonereally??, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noonereally??

noonereally?? TS Member

I just wanted to know if I was the only one who every had this happen. I am a new shooter granted I cannot not shoot as much as I like having 3 children and a business to run. I have never had any trouble with anyone in the past but this really bothered me and I have not shot since. I went to a Special Shoot in San Antonio (Kids & Clay), and I was not shooting well at all. There was a younger teenager guy that was on my squad that was giving me a lot of attitude and being very hateful to me. Like I was really messing with his shooting....( his father was there and letting him act this way) It was so disrespectful, he was even rubbing shoulder with me changing post. The way I see it,,, ever one has to learn and start out some where. I have never had any trouble with anyone for the most part people are encouraging and helpful,, has this ever happened to anyone else.

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've run into a few punks like that...they shoot on thier old man's dime and act like they own the place....just work hard on your game and you may get in a shootoff with little rat someday....and kick his a$$...been there, done that...and it was SWEET!...and when it's his turn to pay for his own targets...he'll be lonnnng gone!

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You must have more patience than I would. I would not wait to get into a shoot off to kick his ass. I would go after him now and if his old man had anything to say I would kick his ass too. To me it is disrespect for adults "period". Needless to say I have know patience for them kind of clowns.

4. noonereally??

noonereally?? TS Member

I appreciate everyone's support and encouragement to keep going. This has been bothering for a while, and it is great to know that there are people who feel the same way that I do. And who knows there might come a time and a place that I will get to give the young man an attitude adjustment :) Jenny

5. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

98% of the shooters you meet are the salt of the earth.

Of the remaining 2%, half are relatively new and will quit when the majority of that 98% let them know that their attitude and actions are unacceptable.

The remaing one percent, alas, are good enough shooters not to care what the rest of the world thinks. One can only hope that they have short attention spans and move on to some other diversion...soon!

Jim Brown (the puller)
    Lancaster, PA

Hope to see a lot of you in Elysburg this weekend.

6. Pump4Smoke

Pump4Smoke Member

He obviously doesn't respect his father, so he sure isnt going to show you any. Dads got no backbone, if he did that kid would not get away with that. You can bet he pulls this at home too.

7. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Next time that punk gives you any crap complain to management or give him a nuckle sandwich.

Berettaman7

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pity it would be poor sport to tap your micrphone just before the young punk calls for the bird. He'd deserve it.

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Sounds like someone I'd like to play with! I'm sometimes pretty good at humbling arrogant jerks. I've seen people act like that and I have little patience for them. As good as they think they may be, someone is almost always able to out shoot them. If I'd seen it, I'd have loved to help put the jerk and his walking wallet in their place. Most shooters are pretty decent, but once in a while, you'll encounter someone that has issues.

Make friends, learn to shoot well, and kick his butt the next time out! Nothing works as well as out shooting some arrogant jerk. I won a local shoot once, just in order to do exactly that. Guy had an attitude and I outshot him. He still had the "tude", but stayed out of my way. I think I was about 12 at the time and shot an Ithaca 37 field gun that I got for S&H Green Stamps. His gun was easily ten times the value of mine. His shooting jacket alone, probably cost more than my gun was worth. Someone else pointed those facts out to him when I beat him. They called him "Red" for a month or so, since that was the color of his face when I beat him. He actually complained that "kids" should not be allowed to shoot with "adults". They told him that they didn't have any "Kiddie" squads for him to shoot on, but if the "adults" didn't mind, he'd be able to shoot with them. (me included) He mellowed out quite a bit after that incident.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

We live in an imperfect world. Even at a trap shoot, we might observe undesirable behavior. Most of us have matured well past this point and all we can do is wish the best for the less fortunate ones who are still progressing toward learning how to be a gentleman.

Pat Ireland

11. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Jenny ,

Never lower yourself to respond to such despicable conduct , even remotely , in kind .

Hold your head high --- we all started from nothing , so , how can anyone take shots at another shooter is beyond my limited ability to fathom .

Don't let such arrogance keep you from meeting the overwhelming number of shooters who will welcome your improvement as you progress from day-to-day and then from year-to-year . "IT" can be a fabulous "ride" , welcome those who are there for you --- ignore the trash you happen upon along the way .

Some competitors will play with your mind --- hoping that it will affect your ability . When someone tries to play mind games with you , just learn to "SMILE RIGHT THROUGH HIM" .

Charlie

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Trapshooting is like life. There are big jerks and little jerks. Usually they are related. Like in life ignore them and appreciate the good people.

Shoot often and have fun.

Don

13. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I would say that punk is the exception not the rule. The overwelming magority of people I've met through shooting have been all Aces. Jim W

14. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I did not read all the posts. You need to grow a thick hide for yourself. Life can be a pain get ready for it. As for the kid there are a number of things you can do. Give the kid a warning. Tell him to back off and quite being a brat. Second tell the range officer that he is bothering your shooting and bumping in to you in an unsafe manner. Also tell him he has an unsportsman like attitued. If that does not work after you go through the channels KICK IS ASS ALONG WITH THE FATHER.

15. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

I had a similar situation. Young man was very unhappy when he missed. Actually would hurl his hulls to the ground in front of him. Also would make it a point to eject and throw em as far as possible and in a dramatic manner. He was intensely competitive but short on sportsmanship. It became distracting and irritating, I had a little quiet talk with him and his dad about the sport. No hurt feelings, just a stroke in the right direction for him. I do believe that when a stranger takes the time to explain/help that is generally appreciated and remembered.

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

next time he pulls that, when he's walking pass you to go to the next station, a "butt in the nut" is appropriate. just kidding. Ignore him.

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I'm pretty sure that if he was giving me crap that I would have ignored it and hunkered down and done everything that I could to outshoot him and screw up his shooting.

When the shoulder brushing thing happened, we would have had a discussion right there. Say all you want, but when you get physical, that's where it has to stop. If he was my son, and I saw him do that, he would be apologizing right then and there, and be done shooting for quite a while. Then again, if he were my kid, none of that would have happened at all, but you know what I mean.

An apology to the rest of the squad would be mandatory.

Brett D.

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jenny, the best thing you can do is to go out to the range when he is there, be as kind as you can to him, and outshoot him with a smile on your face the whole time.

Practice hard with that intent in your head, then come back and let us know when you make him cry.

On a better note, I must say that the teens and young men who shot the Eastern Pennsylvania zone shoot this last weekend were inspirational for me. They were so polite, friendly, and respectful...and the only place I see these kinds of kids anymore is in trapshooting. Great shots, too. Stuff like that can make my day.

19. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

noonereally, just dismiss the incident and move on.

Most of the kids in this sport are the curtious gentlemen.

Parental instruction begins in the home. Thus some prents should not be allowed outside so how can the child be blamed?

Our sport is no different than an everyday walk at the mall, grocery store, kwik shop, etc. This was and will be an isolated incident in the sport....

Just keep shooting and continue to meet all the good people that are involved :-}

Have a good time and shoot straight.

20. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Mr. Pheasantmaster, my dear...

One of the reasons that you are so special is because you are more laid back and forgiving than I.

If the kid is big enough to have rubbed shoulders with Jenny, then he is old enough to have learned from society that his behavior is inappropriate, even if his PRENTS didn't teach him.

prents is a very cool internet slang...I think I'll add it to my repertoire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.