1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappointed in NRA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well I received my NRA magazine "1st Freedom" today in the mail. Well I was disappointed. I look forward to receiving it every month. I can't say I read it cover to cover but I do read every "The Armed Citizen" articles. Well this is why I'm disappointed. This month, March, not one perp took the eternal dirt nap.

One tidbit had my hopes up as a homeowner shot an intruder twice, but the sob managed to live, only wounded. The rest of the segments were just citizens using their guns to stop crime, with no perps dying. I did enjoy the kid shooting the guy with a BB gun though.

Ah well there is always next month.

2. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

i'm a life member and the stopped sending the american hunter/ or rifleman
    magazines - you can get them online

kevin

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I take mine to my barber. That way his magazines aren't years old, like my doctor. Mark

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm concerned that the NRA may have closed up shop. I haven't gotten any junk mail from them since Wednesday.

-Gary

5. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

the perps would go down if more people had shotguns.....

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Have no fear Gary. I got something from them today. One of those last chance to add something deals.

7. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

I sent my NRA dues in plus my RSO dues and they sent me a gift. It was a nice pen - MADE IN CHINA - I sent the pen back to them with a note and my comment

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Reading a magazine in the hope that you see the death of one or more persons and then being disapponted that such a story is not there is a sad commentary on your view of life. I prefer to think that it was perhaps a bad day when you wrote this and that you were just trying to be "smart". You weren't!

9. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i am a life member and requested they stop all solicitaions- in 30days it went to ZERO-- i do get the magazine and enjoy the articles-altho i'm a lil tired of 1911 pistol articles (i'm not a pistol guy) but they are well written ---ps: i dont read those armed citizen stories, just think they are all builtup PR articles!!---i do wish someone who has skipped bail, wud shoot at dog the bounty hunter and make it a lil more dramatic-he carries all those stunguns and gas weapons!!! its like going to a bullriding event and not seeing someone get thrown off!!!!

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I believe Armed Citizen stories are all straight out of the media. In fact, don't they even show an explicit reference so you can verify?

-Gary

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I agree with birdogs, people who see killing so lightly likely haven't seen much of it for real..........it ain't pretty.

John C. Saubak

12. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Concerning the Armed Citizen stories... I know for a fact that one several years back we had a home invasion incident in this area and the article was exactly as it happened---I know this because I was directly involved in the "after-invasion".

13. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

the armed citizen is always intersting causes it shows scum bags getting killed they ain't gonna be assulating any one else, they got what they had coming...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.