1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappearing thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RWT, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

A thread I posted just disappeared, poof, gone: no explanation, no PM. It was in the right category, not vulgar or anything I would consider offensive.

2. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

May be it is one of those unexplainable phenomenons. Thought may be it offended one of the moderators at first, but maybe just a glitch in cyberspace.
    If I don't hear something maybe I will repost.

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Real mods don't use PM, just impersonators do that. Real mods use your actual email address.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I had a few recently do the same thing. They are in my posting area but not on the board! Could be a hickup with the new server!

5. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Joe,

Maybe. It was there for a couple of days, but it is no where to be found now.

I know David was having some trouble last week with the site especially with pictures.

6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I had one disappear a few days ago also. Seems that the moderators would have the balls to let a person know when and why a post was deleted. But that never happened. Guess they wanna hide behind a bush.

GneJ

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I found the content rather, well at the loss of a better word, boring. So, poof! I deleted it from Ts.com and its data base. My advise is that in the future, try to post threads that other people may be interested in. Use your creative side and think out of the box a bit more.

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Tron, I mean no offense but did you receive complaints about his thread or did you simply decide that if it didn't interest you, it should go? I am a moderator on a popular sprint car racing board and have locked or deleted posts and entire threads but only when they were offensive or others complained about them. And in those instances, the poster was warned and asked to give more thought to his/her posts.

If you don't point out a mistake or rules violation to someone, you can't expect them to change their ways.

Ed

9. Tron

Ed, no offense taken. How it works here on Ts.com is that there are a bunch of moderators and they all get together when some sort of controversy comes along. When everything is all said, they get to me and I make the final decisions on this forum. In this particular instance, I, myself found the content to be too boring to post, so we all ageed to delete it.....that's basically how it went down, in a nut shell (there was quite a bit of drama that I prefer not to get into at this time, but you get the idea).

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view┬Ąt=deep-sea-fishing2.jpg" target="_blank"> deep-sea-fishing2.jpg </a>

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Tron, fish on, set the hook now. LOL Jackie B.

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Tron, Average Ed has always seemed kinda..."average" to me.

Can you can him?

12. Tron

So, Lit, you found the part about "Brown racing stipes" interesting? Zardo and buzz agreed with ME and like I said, I found it to be a bit pass'e. I thought that we were going to (in your words) "weed out the boredom"??

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Don't listen to Lit...if it was up to him, we'd still have a site full of doddering, bickering old biddies like it used to be. Let's keep the progress going...our job is almost done.

You have a PM waiting.

buzzy

14. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

If the real moderators actually deleted threads because they were simply too boring then there wouldn't be a forum here at all. Lol. Next time you try to post something sir make sure it's full of whining, crying and an all out attack on either a short yardage or long yardage shooter. A thread like that would be far too entertaining to delete.

15. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

RWT,

Don't let those meanies try to put you down. Your thread needs to be FREE. For the love of Mike, RE-SUBMIT!

16. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

hippie, you keep talking bout moderators hidin behind bushes, this one might disappear too.

And Tron Tron Tron, you talking about boxes!!!! Besides you have hurt my feeling now, so I will just take my balls and not play anymore.

That was a masterful cast.

Robert

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

18. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Yeah, my jaw is still sore from the hook.

Ed

19. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Ed, he caught you good, you may never shake that hook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.