1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DISAPOINTED ON EBAY'S RECENT DECISION!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i emailed ebay the other day, because i can no longer find any shotgun barrels to purchase on their site. below is ebay's response to my question.

Dear Steve,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to shotgun barrels on eBay.

While many everyday items can be used to cause harm to an individual,
    most items we permit for sale on eBay are not designed with the intent
    to cause harm or are not likely to be used to cause harm. In general, if
    items are legal to buy and sell in an unrestricted manner, we allow them
    to be sold on eBay. Many firearm-related parts that can legally be
    bought or sold have historically been allowed on eBay.

However, after the tragedy at Virginia Tech, eBay's Trust and Safety
    team along with executives at the company felt it was important to
    re-examine our existing Firearms policy and evaluate if it still met the
    needs of our marketplace and our company.

While no items related to the incident were purchased illegally on our
    site, it was important to make some changes to ensure we do everything
    possible to provide a safe marketplace. After careful consideration, we
    decided to restrict listing any part that is required for the firing of
    a gun.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,
    Amar So.

eBay Customer Support

BELOW IS MY RESPONSE TO EBAY!

dear amar so:
    please tell the people that run ebay that they are going to lose many ebay customers by making this ridiculous decision. the only people that ebay will hurt are law abiding citizens , not the people who break the law. i am very disappointed in ebay's decision, and will start looking elsewhere to do business. i thought ebay was more intelligent than they obviously are.
    thank you,
    steven a. balistreri,
    WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON EBAY'S DECISION IN THIS MATTER?

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Just another victim of the anti Gun lobby.

Everytime some nut case kills a bunch of people we all suffer. It gives the libs some press until something else happens.

You summed it up nicely. Look elsewhere to spend your money.

Gerald

3. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

e-bay has always been anti-gun. If you did business with them in the past you have been contributing toward destroying your second amendment rights.

jimbrown

4. BustClays

BustClays Member

When are they going to stop selling cars???

bustclays

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Send them a complaint about kitchen cutlery. We have had more stabbings in our area than shootings.

HM

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

Only fools and idiots do business on EBay. I have been ripped on more that one occasion and have finely decided to not be fool any longer. EBay is full of amateurs playing at business. Stay away from these people. Do business with honest real people that want your trade.

TB

7. t5leather

t5leather TS Member

I am having trouble with EBay also. I make and sell leather gun cases. The cases have nothing to with being an actual fire arm. But my list has the word shotgun in the listing so I can not sell overseas.

8. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

This is strictly hearsay, but my wife heard on the radio today that E-bay was going to "re-think" sone of there policies. Maybe the gun parts market was beigger than they thought?

9. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

While I think Ebay is more concerned with greed than doing the right thing, it’s still a great resource that offers me an opportunity to buy stuff that I normally wouldn’t be able to get. I collect a couple of things and Ebay is the best place to find it without going to some antique show hundreds of miles away, with dealers requesting TWICE what it’s worth. I’ve been burned a few times on Ebay (and of course Ebay turned its back on me), but for the most part I’ve had good dealings.

I like old railroad locks. You use to be able to find hundreds of them listed on Ebay, but they recently banned them because of homeland security issues. What a joke. These locks haven’t been used in 50 years or more, have nothing in common with what’s used today, but Ebay thinks you might could use a key from them on a lock used today. It was a knee jerk reaction on their part, without any rational thought on matter. Just like they are doing now with gun parts and accessories.

10. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

I too am very displeased with E-bay's new policy.I just decided that I was going to quit reloading 12 and 20 ga shells as I shoot almost none of either anymore and would just buy them.I sold both the 12 and 20 reloaders on E-bay and planned on selling the 1000's of remington STS hulls I have on there only to find out that they have banned those also.I had heard(and this is just rumor)that the kid who shot up VA Tech had bought clips or magazines off E-bay so they decided to tighten things up even more.What idiots.How many other people bought all kinds of gun related items that month that didn't go on a killing spree???And some of the things they include in the ban are ridiculous,I have choke tubes that I want to list and I guess they are also no longer allowed.I have looked over their new policy and do not see where choke tubes are included.In the response letter above from E-bay it states, After careful consideration, we decided to restrict listing any part that is required for the firing of a gun. Chokes are not required for the firing of a gun.How many times have you seen someone who forgot to put their choke tubes in and never realized it until the end of the round?I plan on challenging them on the chokes and the empty hulls....We should all write to E-bay and complain and see what happens when they get such a huge response.

11. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

I just stopped going there. I collect stuff from Ebay but have had to rethink what I was doing. I can not believe some State Attorney General has not sued them. Interstate trade you know?

Take care,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.