1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Directive to Marines

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maltzahn, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Subject: Fw: Mid-East Navy Directive.
    U.S. Navy Directive 16134 [Inappropriate T-Shirts]

The following directive was issued by the commanding officer of all naval installations in the Middle East, and it was obviously directed at the Marines.

To: All Commands

Subject: Inappropriate T-Shirts

Ref: ComMidEastFor Inst 16134//24 K

All commanders promulgate upon receipt, The following T-shirts are no longer to be worn on or off base by any military or civilian personnel serving in the Middle East:

"Eat Pork Or Die" [both English and Arabic versions]

"Shrine Busters" [Various. Show burning minarets or bomb/artillery shells impacting Islamic shrines. Some with unit logos.]
    "Napalm, Sticks Like Crazy" [Both English and Arabic versions]
    "Goat - it isn't just for breakfast any more." [Both English and Arabic versions]
    "The road to Paradise begins with me." [Mostly Arabic versions but some in English. Some show sniper scope cross-hairs]
    "Guns don't kill people. I kill people." [Both Arabic and English versions]

"Pork. The other white meat." [Arabic version]

"Infidel" [English, Arabic and other coalition force languages.]
    The above T-shirts are to be removed from Post Exchanges upon receipt of this directive. In addition, the following signs are to be removed upon receipt of this message:

"Islamic Religious Services Will Be Held at the Firing Range At 0800 Daily."
    "Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?"

All commands are instructed to implement sensitivity training upon receipt

Semper Fi

Maltzie

2. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Sense of Humor?
    I think the NAVY Brass has gone just a bit to far.....
    As A Tax paying Vet I say let the Kids dress (underware)as they wish.
    I realy don't give a Big Rat's Bazubo what the Arabic world thinks!!!
    They can all (_X_)

And that's the name of that tune......

3. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

Those darn pesky Navy twirps are at it again. You would think that as many times as they have had their fannies kicked around by "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children" they would learn to leave well enough alone. Gotta luv those "Jarheads".
    Proud Marine MOM

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I dont see a problem at all since it is a directive for the Mid-East command and we must respect those countries that we are guests of.

How would the American people feel if Muslim's walked the streets of the US with insulting and rude signs and t-shirts for you and me to see.

What is most sad is that the young troops must be told within a directive how they must conduct themselves like adults representing the United States of America while guests upon foreign soil. It is truly sad that we go and defend our nation along with promoting peace and democracy around the world while insulting our hosts and the world at large.

5. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Navy brass never did speak for us real sailors. Go Jarheads!!

6. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Lumper, they already do; and we`re supposed to take it and respect their "freedom of expression"!

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

As a Marine I was told what was and what was not acceptable to wear and how to act while in uniform. I was also told that as a Marine I was expected to know how to act in and out of uniform both on and off base. The above directive would have never been needed since as a Marine we knew what was expected from us by our commanding officers.

Anyone either past or present military who supports the wearing of or posting of signs upon foreign soil like mentioned in the above directive is nothing more than one of the dumbass rednecked hillbillyish type of American that the world at times see all of us as.

If you want respect from the world and want the world to respect you we must not insult those we are looking and asking the respect of.

Semper Fi

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

DucatiBoy ... in our country that is one of the freedoms we have fought and died for but when you are guests within somebody else's country you must act ...

Well let me ask you a question ...

Lets say your a very devote Jew and had a Jewish holiday celebration dinner party at your home that you have invited friends, both jews and non-jews to join you in celebration.

Now lets say one of those friends comes goose stepping in the front door dressed as a Nazi spewing the doctrine of the 3rd Reich and what should be done with Jews while another invited friend brings another unkown guest with them also goose stepping and spewing how Hitler was doing the right thing during WWII.

Now ask yourself ... would you feel insulted? Would you want to respect those people at all? Would you most likely ask them to leave? Now what if you needed those few for both support and survival ... would you bow down and say its ok to insult you and your beliefs in the way they are acting and dressing?

Honestly now ... put yourself in that position and ask those questions of yourself.

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mike ... they may have been but they did not act like one, there is a big difference.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Since the pukes will seize on every opportunity to denigrate the American Military I have to agree with the Brass.

But I like the slogans.

HM

11. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

The boy's that work for a living are just having a little fun to break the stress. Lumper must have been one of those self-important 2nd Lieutenants that is lucky he isn't in a combat zone looking for back support.

maltzie

12. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Just so there's no misunderstanding, everyone knows this is a joke, don't they?

Neil

13. calilori

calilori TS Member

Model12Lady is your son deployed? Tell him thank you for me. And yes, I do love those "Jarheads"....proud future marine mother-in-law.

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

In the Marine Corps I was in we would have called "Lumper" a candy-ass. Things change, maybe "Lumper" is the new style of Marine, but I hope not.

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mike ... Alvin York, and other MOH recipients may have been hillbilly, redneck types but they did not act like a hillbilly redneck. There is a difference between being one and acting like one.

Maltzie ... Officer? I dont think so, very few of them deserve the respect they usually end up demanding from there troops. Enlisted all the way, when it was time to do a job we did the job and when it was time to have fun we had fun but we did it with the respect to our hosts wherever we were in the world.

Shot410ga ... New style Marine? What is a new style marine? You mean the current crop who basicly live in motel/hotel barracks rooms with all the ammeneties of a local hotel. Do you mean the current crop who no longer has to do Thursday afternoon/evening field days with a Friday morning inspection? Do you mean the current crop that ... well the current crop is nothing compared to 10 or 20 years ago.

I notice though that Maltzie and Shot410Ga are trying to insult me as a person which I have no problem with but I do note that they are not trying to argue or refute my comments. Typical of your types of people.

16. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Lumper

The answer to your question is....range me.

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Back and forth between 1stMarDiv & 1st FSSG then Quantico for a total of 14 years. Got sick of the political agenda game playing of fellow Marines for the own best interests at Quantico. Most likely should of stayed and transfered from Quantico but my taste for the Corps was soured to badly and it was showing ... it was time to move along in life and not regret a single minute of it.

18. slick50

slick50 Member

I don't get the pork connection..Is pork considered bad in the middle east... it looks like the Navy Brass is trying to make another war politically correct. Yet another example that previous lessons have still not been learned.

19. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I agree with Lumper! As a United States Marine, I carried myself to the highest traditions of the Corp, no matter where I was at. I didn't have to be told what was appropriate and what was not appropriate to wear. I knew what was appropriate to wear, especially in a foreign land.

To win any war/conflict you must win the hearts,minds and trust of the civilian population. It was our biggest failure in SE Asia. For all the good things our troops have accomplised, wearing these types of shirts are disrespectful and only compound the situation even worse. You can where those shirts when you become a civilian

Rick Brohmer.
    Sargeant.
    U.S.M.C.

20. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Boy's, boy's, boy's......This Directive was an e-mail from the current Secretary of the Navy to my cousin, a now retired Navy Commander "spook" (intelligence). I personally think it is a joke, but my spooky cuz would not confirm, could be the real thing.

But....Putting this directive in perspective, if at the highest levels of the Navy finds it entertaining, our opinion is even less irrelevent.

Maltzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.