1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Directions to Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dennisw, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

I cant find any directions to get to the WSRC at sparta. How do I get there??

2. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

Which direction are you coming from?

3. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Kansas city, through st louis, down 64, Staying in Okawville, exit 41 on hwy 64

4. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

From Okawville go south on 160 through Addieville. You will hit IL 15 just past Addieville. Head west to Rt 4, it connects @ St. Libory. Go south to Marissa at the stop sign in front of Reiss Ford turn left (still following Rt.4 ) after three or four miles the road widens to a four lane at the Tilden "T". After the road narrows county road 18 is 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile, turn to your right ( west). Stop when you hear gun shots.

5. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

Or, to confuse you even more, at the stop sign in front of Reiss Ford, turn right. Go to the first stop sign (3-4 blocks), turn left and go through down town Marissa. At the south end of town (by the cemetery) the road turns to the west, but a black top road contunes south. This black top road goes about 4 miles and "T'"'s right in front of the main building.

6. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

I assume there are a lot of signs leading the way???

7. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

Yeah it's marked pretty well on the main roads.
    John Malcom , glad to lighten your evening a little, I'll be around in August.

8. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Thank you very much for the info. Have a Great Evening.

9. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

Have a safe trip.

10. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I'd investigate taking CR-13 due south from Okawville to IL-15. It will save you about 6 miles one way. Might not be worth it, but I found the back roads to be decent.

11. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

Most the county roads are good, but I figured I'd keep him on marked highways. Once he makes the trip, and feels a bit more comfortable with the area, he can experiment. Threre's probably 4 or 5 different ways to get to the WSRC from Okawville I believe the way I described could be followed on most any map.....less confusion.

12. raptor1956

raptor1956 TS Member

dennis in okawville just go straight south to hwy 15 if you go to addiville it will cost you an extra 5 or 6 miles at hwy 15 turn rt. go to St. Libory at the T in St. Libory turn left on hwy 4 go to Marissa T and turn rt. go to stop sigh at 4 way turn left and follow the signs to range good luck with shooting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.