1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Directions to "Grand" please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rooferbob, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Directions to

Interstate 71 North out of Columbus OHIO to exit 140!
    I'm soory I should'nt have done that.

2. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Directions to

That was bad Bob! Anyhow, south on I55 from Chicago. Exit at Il Route 4 go south about 25-30 miles. You'll see signs!!

Larry

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Directions to

Mike, the directions are on the ATA site in the Grand program. Coming from Fl I did MapQuest and used the intersection of IL4 and IL154 and then the directions from the ATA to finish the trip. Jim

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Directions to

Mike do you have a G.P.S. if so just find the Hill Prairie Cemetery here is the readings.

Map and GPS data:

GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 38.1828
    Longitude: -89.7403

It is on the grounds at the complex it is pretty close to where you check in the motor homes and campers.

Im sure you will see the shoot from there.

Foggy

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Directions to

Mike, sent approx directions. Looks like around 650 miles for you.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Directions to

Mike,

Put "Doza Creek Rd" in the "Address or Intersection" box for the Destination if using Mapquest. Put Sparta, IL as the city and state. If Mapquest gives you the same choices it gave me (7) choose the first one.

The main entrance to the WSRC is real close to the intersection of Doza Creek Rd and CR-18 (County Road 18). That entrance will be closed during the Grand but the entrance they want you to come through is about a 1/2 mile west of this intersection. If you get this far you'll be fine; you'll be able to smell the gunpowder.

If you're coming up from the south on IL-4, CR-18 is about 4.5 miles north of Sparta, and you can only turn left (west) off of Rt. 4. There should be plenty of signs.

enjoy

7. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Directions to

Mike,

There is a shower house with locking individual showers.

I am afraid that unless you have a campsite with electricity you won't be able to plug in an extension cord.
    If you are tent camping in the primitive area you will likely need a generator in order to run a fan to make it bearable.

The temperature in Sparta in August is likely to be around a 100 and the the humidity about the same. Our AC unit struggled to keep up in our trailer last year.

You might want to consider other arrangements.

ed.

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Directions to

Mike :

Ok do as V10 says since you do have access to the internet.

If you need a Generator I got one that will run a few things I forgot what horse it is but it needs to be used so let me know if you need it and i will get it there during the prelim week end and it will be there for you even if im not there.

Foggy

9. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Directions to

Mike,

There is one main shower/ bathroom building located near the electric only camp sites.

I don't remember it being close to the primitive camping area, but you can drive to it.
    The place is so huge that it is not conductive to walking, so you drive to your destinations.

The sheer size of the complex makes it difficult to get together with friends and meet ts.comers without making specific arrangements. There is no central location that you can sit and watch people walk back and forth down the lines as there was at Vandalia.

I think that we should make some arrangements prior to the shoot for those of us that would like to meet up and lose our anonymity.
    What are your thoughts on this?

ed.

10. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Directions to

PerazziBigBore,

Put the address below into Mapquest and this will get you to the junction of Doza Creek Road and County Road 18. County Road 18 is on the north side of the complex. At the time of the Grand last year they routed everyone around to the main entrance on the south side of the complex. The address below will be just north of the event center. However, if as last year you will be routed to the south side to enter. If you are camping you will go to the entrance just north of the cemetery pictured above. I know the area as my parents, grandparents & great grandparents are buried in the cemetery.

10000 County Road 18, Sparta, IL 62286.

11. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

Directions to

Post your messages on colored cards or paper and leave it at the locker room
    bulletin board, its a nice place to meet, at least you`re in the shade.
    pineapple

12. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Directions to

Sharing a camper space is not permitted. The electric only spaces are the closest ones to the shower house, the primative spots are on the opposite end of the property. A good place to sit and watch the world go by is the restaurant in the central entry building (aka Events Center). There is a campground south of Sparta but I'm not sure of the name (it's on the highway that goes to the Pioneer Cabin restaurant). I'm sure there must be others...

13. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Directions to

Mike:

I stayed in the primitive camping last year during the prelim week end and it was only 5 there at the most but they were tent campers.

it was 10.00 a day and about 1 mile from the shower house

Fog

14. Arkie

Arkie Member

Directions to

There is some elec. only spots left they are 18.00 per day or 175.00 for the whole shoot. The person you need to talk to is Tracy her e-mail is tracy.shafer@illinois.gov the phone is 217-785-5091.Tracy takes care of all the camping. Have a good shoot Rick.

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Directions to

PerazziBigBore

The primative camping spot where I was only had the 5 or so tents and no generators it was up off the road in a field but not for sure if one could had used them there or not, there was a few spots right in front of the cowboy action range that looked to be electric not for sure on sewage and water hook ups.

I would had figured one could camp in a van there also but for 18.00 a day I think I would co with the electric hook up if any was avaliable.

Im sure the neighbors would like you better than hearing the genorator.

Fog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.