1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dillon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldPshtr, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Needing some help with 550B. Contacted Mike at Dillon and got it
    resolved. What a breath of fresh air to talk to someone who speaks
    english, understands and solves the problems. Don't C how anyone
    could have a problem with this company.

Doyal Duncan

2. dws

dws TS Member

IMO, Dillon's customer service is hard to beat. I have an SL 900 that I bought "used" had some issues with it... called Dillon and sent it back.. they rebuilt it sent it back and did not charge me for any of it.. They even paid the return shipping !

Dennis

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've heard of a fellow that have had their loader burned in a house fire. Dillon completely refurbished it and sent it back free of charge for even shipping; same when another dude dropped one from the second story stairs in a barn/shop onto concrete; same with 2nd owners with other stories. I called late on a Monday about a failing digital scale in the last century and they authorized sending it in but a new one was on my porch via USPS on the following Wednesday. There's no way they got mine before sending the new one. Great stuff and great "No BS" warranties.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I needed to replace some worn parts on my 550 last month. I needed the activator rod for the primer feed, the cartridge feed guide spring and it's retaining bolt, a new powder measure tube, since mine was getting dingy, and I decided I needed a Magnum Powder bar since I'd never owned one. They only charged me for the powder bar. AND the cartridge spring/bolt, they included the mounting fixture for it that goes on the press - a whole new setup. I just kept rattling things off and he kept saying, "We'll cover that."

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

I've never heard anything bad about Dillon. I had a 550, sold it, am now in the process of buying another one. I think they can afford their no B.S. warranty because their product is so good. And the people there are great!

Bruce

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

They make the best metallic progessive presses, period.

The Mec 9000 is hard to beat for shotshells.

I used to be a Dillon dealer, and used their presses for a commercial loading business. I still have a Dillon 1050 and 650, with primer filler. :^)

7. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I wore out a Lyman C-press after 24 years and replaced it with a 550B. The Dillon is now 16 years old and other than a couple of minor problems that were taken care of free of charge it has been faultless. If you are going to reload metallic Dillon is the only answer. The powder measure has never changed on me once set.

HBT

8. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

The only reason NOT to buy Dillon for reloading metallics is that you need a single-stage. I have an Ammomaster on my bench just for those times.

I even knew a fellow who used his 550 to reload .25ACP. That's masochism. Of course, I admit that having loaded 1000 of the little buggers on a single-stage.

Tony

9. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Great company. I have a number of their items and they are always eager to help. Michael

10. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I have a 550 that has been used by me and several of my friends for a while. When I shot Polite Society and IDPA we ran through a few hundred to a few thousand every weekend. Never had an issue other than user error.

I have a few .32's and .380's and reload both.

Great company with a great product.

11. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

In fifty years of loading, my brother and I have had Starrs (absolutely wonderful), RCBS C presses (virtually unbendable), Lyman All American Turrets, Cs and Spar-Ts, and a Dillon 550. All listed so far are incredible values. I made a dumb move a few years ago and bought a pair of Lee Pro1000s from a guy who unloaded them at a price less than half of the normal discounted price. It was ten times what they were worth. Primer feeds don't work, index plate screws up, case feeder dumps one upside down every now and then. I only use them to load a batch of already sized and primed plinking rounds now.

You get what you pay for with the presses listed first. Dillon's warranty is fantastic. Lee wants you to pay half a new price for a rebuild which is funny when you could buy a new press for about half their new price.

American Handgunner ran a "debate" between Dick Lee and Mike Dillon about twenty years ago. I wish I still had it. Guess who won in the readership's eye, hands down.

I will be buying a 550 of my own now that little bro lives 450 miles away.

12. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

13. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I speak with a lot of reloading experience.
    I agree,for metallic you can't beat Dillon's product & service. For shotgun reloading, I say the same about MEC.
    HOWEVER, I want to tell you of an experience with RCBS. Many moons ago, I bought the new green machine from RCBS. I had trouble from day one. RCBS did NOTHING to solve the problems, other than discontinue the manufacturing of the machine. That left myself & other purchases with a bunch of expemsive junk on our hands. RCBS DID NOTHING, in the way of refund,credit,replacement,etc. We were left holding the bag, or I should say we were left holding the green machine pile of junk. If this sounds like I am still upset, I am.
    Joe Jordan

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

JJJ: what's a green machine?

15. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

The Green Machine was suppose to be the greatest metallic loading machine ever developed by RCBS. It was a disaster from day 1, & RCBS did NOTHING to compensate or help we who purchased the machine based on the write ups of the drug store editors,raving about how great the nachine was.
    Joe Jordan
    Why doesn't an employee of RCBS aanswer this?

16. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

A fellow I knew, back when I was shooting IPSC (more years ago than I like to remember) had a Green Machine set up for .45ACP. He was very fond of the machine and very impressed by it - but he also said that from what he knew, it was a one-caliber machine. Get it working in one caliber and leave it alone. Almost impossible to use for more than one, because it was so hard to get it set up in the first place.

Never knew, myself; went from single-stages to Dillon.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bought dillon house fire warranty

priming on the lyman all american press