1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dillon users - reloading tip

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jvsomers, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvsomers

jvsomers Guest

Fellow Dillon users: I read a thread recently that a dillon user had trouble seeing the primer feed. I resolved that problem by adding a mirror next to the feeder. Now I can sit down and see if the primer has moved into the drop tube slot, before I pull the handle - works great.

Keep it fun.

John

2. Duck

Duck Member

I like it John!.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I use WW209's because they are easer to see as the primer arm moves. Fed209's were much harder to see.

4. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I solved the primer problem in a different way. I drilled a small hole in the end of the black primer arm. This hole lets me see if a primer has dropped and is ready to be seated on the up stroke of the handle. I have found that after using the press for sometime I don't even need to glance at the hole anymore. I can tell by the feel of the upstroke whether or not I seated a primer.

Ed

5. POWDER RIVER

POWDER RIVER TS Member

Rather than looking at the primer tray-have your chair high enough to see the primer drop onto the loading arm.

6. jvsomers

jvsomers Guest

Dear powder river,

Good idea, but I guess my arms are too short - I couldn't get the leverage I need to get a good crimp on the down stroke.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

700X-user I agree, I can also feel it when a primer is not being seated
    as well as hearing the primer drop. But I still like to look. I like the hole in the side idea.

8. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

I always thought reloading was smoke and mirrors!! Good Idea!!

9. mastergunner

mastergunner TS Member

I like the idea about the small hole in the black arm. I never thought of that one. I usually can tell when a primer is seated by the feel.

I had numerous problems with the primer feed, but I have fixed that problem by making a small L bracket and I have attached a spring so I have a positive return of the arm to get a primer, which always seemed to be a problem that the tray didn't drop back down. I also coated the tray with graphite and rounded out the hole with a drimel tool.

Now I don't have primer feed problems anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.