1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dillon SL900 Reloader For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jerry944t, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have turned out over 150,000 shells on my Dillon and love it. 100 quality shells in 7 minutes is no problem unless you have a bad shoulder. There really isn't that much effort but arthritis magnifies everything.

Ross your price is fair. The only problem I have with mine is the unit is tall and I have it on a high workbench so there's a bit of reaching to do when i dump in a 25 pound bag of shot.

BTW when I first bought it many years ago I thought I had made a mistake because there is a learning curve as there is with any loader. I got over that feeling in about 1/2 hour.

2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

I had the same problem.

My Dillons would crank out the rounds as quickly as I could pull the handle. All I had to do was keep an eye on the primers to make sure one dropped (and it was rare one did not). Every crank a round dropped out. Fast!

But, with age, came pain and I just could not load on them without suffering later.

So I sold both on TS.com for about the same money you are asking.

I went to the Spolar Hydraulic-almost as fast as the Dillon, but not quite. But, no strain on the body to load.

Good luck,

Bob

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Sounds like a good deal, I've seen one of those work and they are slick and the shells looked like factory. Sorry to hear that old arthritis is getting you, know how that is.

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

I want to make sure we are not hijacking the FS post.

If I was a little bit healthier, I'd never have gotten rid of the Dillon. It is that good!

Yes, there is a learning curve, but it is not that great. I am the most unmechanical guy you have ever met and, in a short time, I could not only load on it without a problem, but could switch gauges to a 20 and 28.

If there's someone out there thinking about upgrading, the Dillon is great. It is fast, the shells are great and the factory back-up is second to none. I've read about people who had them and had trouble with the priming system, but once I understood how it worked, it was really a piece of cake.

Kind of like the first time I took a Beretta auto apart to clean it. You know, you get the bolt and carrier out, clean it and then try to put it back and it seems to stick or hang up-like putting a square peg in a round hole? Then, the light sort of comes on and you see exactly how to insert it and it's easy as pie after that.

Of course, you were probably more mechanical than me and never had any problem, but my point is the Dillon is a great upgrade from the slower progressives and single stages.

Bob

5. #1ROCK

#1ROCK TS Member

0   0   0

I have a 650 W/ case feeder to load pistol on I under stand what you are going through I had shoulder surgery and can't use mine they are great machine's

wish i could still use mine but I am going to sell it have a lot of extras with it

The Rock

6. citadel

citadel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Please check your email about this loader. Is it still available?
    Doug
    Doug@citadel-USA.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dillon sl900 for sale