1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dillon SL900 Powder & Shot rod bushings

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ccw1911, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I haven't got my manual handy so I can't reference your part number but I think you are talking about the square white plastic bushings with a round hole in them? If so I make a replacement out of metal and keep it greased, works much better and lasts.

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ross.. What metal do you make the bushings out of??? bronze or steel ???

3. docl

docl TS Member

I haven't had any problems with the shot rod circular bushing but I've had problems with the powder rod bushing. The bushing on my press would work loose and come out of its position on the powder rod. I'm talking about part number: 18086. I received several bushings from Dillon and the service rep told me he used a wire tie around his SL900 to secure it. I did this on mine and it solved my problem also. I'm not sure how a metal bushing would work as the threads of the rod move in the bushing. Lewis Lyons

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I just brought up the sl900 manual online, NSXER I can't find part number 16734 anywhere. Part number 13871 is what I'm referring to.

Mike I made it out of plain old cold roll whatever scrap I had. Simple to make but I do size it close and sand it nice and slick and keep some grease on it. I mainly use it on the shot measure, it fixed a problem of that part breaking and wearing out and it made the shot throw smoother and more reliable. There is a lot of pressure on that little part if a piece of shot wants to get sheared, same on the powder measure but not as bad.

Lewis, I've never had a problem with that part on any of the several Dillon loaders I've owned that I can remember. If a wire tie fixes it sounds great to me.

5. docl

docl TS Member

I ran a small wire wrap/tie around the metal ear that holds the plastic bushing. I placed the tie up against the post part #17639, that way the tie stays on top of the bushing and out of the way of the powder return bar and it can't migrate anywhere with its placement beside the post part #17639. If Dillon made the plastic busing with threads at the bottom of the bushing a nylon nut could be used to tighten the bushing in the metal retention ear, just a thought. The Dillon rep I talked to said the bushings weren't designed for the thicker SL900 platform part # 17944, they were designed for the XL650. If most of you don't have problems with the bushing migrating out great but the small wire tire works on my machine. Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.