1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dillon SL 900

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goose2, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I owned this exact set up. I have since sold it and purchased a P/W with auto case feeder and auto drive and I would not take two Dillons for my P/W. I like the die system for measurements instead of the system Dillon uses. My Dillon also had some quirks that I could not fix or cure. With my P/W the only thing I have to stop loading for is adding more components and it will loads a complete box of shells in 90 seconds.

2. letts

letts TS Member

If he will walk you through it and help you get started, I think it is a good deal and would not hesitate to buy it. Th price is right and Dillon will stand behind it if you need parts are any advise with the machine. I own one and believe if the one you have a chance to purchase has not loaded about a million shells that it would be a good buy. I purchased mine used and have been happy.

Letts

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Buy it now!!! Great machine for a great price. Try it. At that price you could sell it and make a couple of hundred off of it. Dave T.

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Good price.

I am with goose2 on this one. A used 800+ is a better machine.

Don Verna

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Buy it to flip. Sell it and buy a P/W or Spolar with your profit.

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

That is a killer price for an excellent machine!

By the way, the $844.95 price is for the SL900 without the case feeder. The case feeder is ~$200 by itself.

7. quartering

quartering Active Member

last one i saw on ebay went for $700+. i think $500 is a super, can't go wrong kind of a deal. btw, i went the other route: sold the pw to pick up another dillon because it's the better machine. good luck with it

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

jcl, What do you call performance? If performance is speed I will take you up on that bet. My P/W 800+ will load shells faster and better than your Dillon any day of the week and I will bet you the price of 5 Dillons on this bet. Just let me know and I will be happy to take your money.

9. grntitan

When and where is this "Load Off" gonna happen. I want to watch and and egg people on from the side. I'm a real good sh!t stir'r. I think i'm leaning towards the P/W. Heck i don't even have either of them. I'm a 366 guy. :0)

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

it's gotta be in a parking lot in the middle of the night somewhere. i say the one in front of fukushima reactor 1, unit 3. bring your sunglasses. good luck with it

11. grntitan

I sensed alot doubt in his voice Goose........ He's calling you out

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Sorry I didn't hear him write, he just called and said that he didn,t have the case feeder. Must have saw it on here. Dick"

This circumstance just moved the deal from "Great" to "OK". The case feeder is the key to the 900SL. You'll have to rethink this one - at least rethink about buying a case feeder. The complete unit is awesome. Without a case feeder, it's just "OK". Good luck.

13. grntitan

jcl--Actually i only find where your at and post up. Geez. Talk about somebody with absolutely no sense of humor.

I always find it amazing at the ones that get upset over when and how often i'm here. Hell David doesn't need a post counter on this site. I've got several who keep track of me. Why does this bother people? Are you the ones paying my bills? I was wondering who was mailing those checks. Too much...

14. grntitan

Don't flatter yourself to think i'd really waste my time keeping track of you or where you post...............................................LMAO

How people wound that tight ever have fun, i'll never know.

15. quartering

quartering Active Member

japan. 100,000 rounds. all or nothing. my only stipulation is that i face south. i don't want my handle operating arm facing unit 3. and only 1 roll of heavy duty reynolds wrap to be allowed per contestant to be used however they deem necessary. remember, after we load these things, they have to work! good luck with it

16. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

jcl, As a matter of fact I was all poised to purchase a Spolar and the only reason I elected to go with the P/W is you cant add an auto case feeder to a Spolar. Yes my set up will load shells that fast and you would know that if you new anything about what you been talking about. I will also promise that my finished product is every much as good and most of the time better than your Dillon's ending product. Did you forget that I said that I have owned them both so I should know the goods and the bads of each. I mite just purchase me a Patriot as soon as I ware my 800+ out but I don't think you can ware one out.

17. quartering

quartering Active Member

you can't buy lead shot in japan. you'll either have to bring your own or use something they call pluthermal over there. good luck with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.