1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dillon service?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by letts, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letts

letts TS Member

I have tried to call Dillon today, No one will answer the phone. Does anyone know the best way to order a few parts fom them? How about the best time or day?

Letts

Tuesday
    After another 20 min, wait I was able to place my order, Parts are coming no charge! Also I got a little advice about what to grease and where, so hopefully I will never need parts again. I bought my SL900 used and there was not a sign of grease any where. My advice is if you have never lubed, check the book and lube everywhere recomended.

Letts

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Try again tomorrow,Some places that are open Saturday and closed Mondays. Dillon has always given me great service. There were some worn parts on my 550b after 10 years of use, and I wanted to buy the worn parts and extras, but they would not let me buy anything, they sent everything I needed for free, and told me to call back if there was anything else needed.

3. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

I called Dillon Friday afternoon To tell them about a die in my new 45ACP conversion for my Square Deal was oversize and wouldn't fit the body of the press they said they were shipping a new one right out. It was in the mail today. Not bad Arizona to NY. Keep trying.

4. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I have been dealing with Dillon for many,many years without a problem.
    Like the previous gentleman, I think you had the time zones mixed up. I NEVER heard of a complaint concerning their products or service.
    Joe Jordan

5. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Guess there has to be a first. Have never had a problem with Dillon
    and never heard of a problem until now???????????

Doyal Duncan

6. letts

letts TS Member

I got an automated message that said they would be with me shortly over and over and over. I tried three differnt times today and held the line for 20 or so minutes each time. I think I allowed correctly gor the time change. I will try again tomorrow

Letts

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have a "well travelled" 1050 left over from my commercial reloading days. They still send out free parts, including electrical parts, for it. Good service.

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I was there last week, they're swampped with calls. Just keep trying.

9. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Keep trying you'll get them probably real busy.

The Dillon 1050 is considered by Dillon a comercial machine and is not covered by their no bs forever warranty, I guess a less than ethical person could tell them the parts are for a different dillon model that is covered since many of the parts enterchange.

10. warren

warren Member

Great company best service ever, I bought a used SL 900 and they overhauled it for free even paid the frieght. I toured their plant one time a couple of years ago you should see their gattlin gun wow!!!!! calenders too

11. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

If detroit`s big three stood behind thier warrinties like dillon they wouldn`t be in the mess they`re in.

Dillon = great products, great service.

Tom R.

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I have 2 Dillon 1000's from 25 years ago.. They still help me anyway the can..They use to load about 25,000 rounds per week for many,many years..Parts.. or what's left is not free.. but they have included many of what's left for pennies on the dollar.. I'm now loading again all of my pistol shells on them.. One is set up for large,and one for small primer.. Wish I wold not have sold a few of my toolheads..I miss them now.. I give Dillon a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG A++++++++++++++ for service.. If you know him.. Mike is a real standup guy.. All Good.. Mike

13. Shooting Coach

Dear Mike

I have a 650 and the RL 1050. I have not yet paid for a part for it. It has only needed a few knick knacks and a switch for the case feeder. They were free.

Nothing will touch the big Dillon progressives.

Anyone serious about loading large quantities of metalic ammo needs to look at the big press. They are more expensive, but twice as fast as the others.

14. curly1946

curly1946 TS Member

Great people,been dealing with them for 35 years, 3 650's one 550, one 900, never paid for a part yet, how can you beat that kind of service. Thanks Dillon, it's a shame our goverment can't work that good. Denny Ridenour from the great state of Illinois HA'

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Coach.. How do you like the Dillon primer tube filler??? Mine from 25 years ago.. just does not seem to work correctly anymore.. I spend as much time filling a primer tube as I do loading.. The stands got lost in the move..and I need to make a proper base.. Maybe that will get them up and running again.. I bought mine from Paul Jones.. for the Star presses I use to load on.. Now.. if I load 1000 shells a week for my buddies and myself.. that's alot.. I use to load with 2 friends.. One on each press and 1 feeding.. We could easily load 5000 rounds in a few hours.. Having said all that.. if I bought a press for pistol only.. The 650 would be enough for me today.. But the old 1000 still loads a quality shell.. My reloading room is not nearly as neat as yours.. I really need to clean it all up one day.. BUT.. I can still find everything.. All Good.. Mike

16. Shooting Coach

Dear Mike

Since I live and load alone, I can find what I need. Every once in a while, I find something I did not know I had. LOL

When the primer filler is set right, it is great. It is picky as to primer brand, CCI gives more trouble than others, but is still quick. I load while it is filling up, and march on.

I just now loaded my first batch of ammo with Trail Boss. I can get all of it I want, but my favorite is Titegroup, which is hard to get right now.

I sure hope the military brass situation gets made right, but the wrong folks are in office now for my taste.

17. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

The older model 1050 is covered for life. The newer Super1050 isn't.

They just sent me a new motor for my 650 case feed since in had developed a dead spot.

18. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

That is incorrect claybrd, the 1000, 1050, and super 1050 have always been considered to be commercial machines by Dillon and not covered by the no bs lifetime warranty. The 650 has always been covered and not considered a commercial machine even thou it uses the same case feeder as the 1050. Just don't want someone buying a used 1050 thinking they can rebuild it for free.

19. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I gtt parts for mine but it was over 10 years ago.

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

Ditto on the 1050 not covered. I had a case feeder motor die a couple of years ago and it cost me (about $85 I think).

PBB, it is good to see another reloader who used the Star. I have two of them and they were the first (possibly best) progressives ever made. One has the Brewster Indexer and Hulme case feeder on it so it is quite fast. I have also had dealings with Paul Jones.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.