1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dillon rifle press what is this ? ( pic )

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jeffprigge, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Any help will be appreciated on this , i got this a box of other stuff today and i know it is brand new and never used ,but i don't know what it is . The paper in the box that is the schematic reads RL 550 B @ XL 650 . Thanks

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You have a powder measure that adapts to the Dillon powder die

The plate with the five threaded holes is a tool head for a 650 Dillon

The parts in the blue holder are a caliber conversion set that goes on the ram end of a Dillon press. Can't tell if it is for the 650 of 550.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Wolfram ... what do you think that might be in the upper right edge of the picture?

Looks kind of like the corner/edge of a carpet/rug or something but cant really tell, what do you think?

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Looks to me like you have:

Powder measure with powder die and two different size slides for it. works on 550 and 650 presses

Tool head for a 650 press

tool head stand, works for 550 and 650

Actuator rod for the powder measure, I know that's the wrong name, but it connects the measure to the press. Don't know for sure but it looks like it would work on both 550 and 650.

Jim

5. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Lumper , the rug mistery resolved !!!!!

6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

What ya want for it?

Gne J

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

get a hold of Dillon....they are usually very helpful.

8. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jeff,
    Looks like you have from...
    Top left: fail-safe rod whose curved end attaches to the round hole on the plate immediately below the left end of the installed powder bar. The other end of it attaches to the fail safe bracket at the plastic end just above the spring. The purpose of this rod is to pull the powder bar to its furthest left end travel. The fail safe bracket is attached to the base of the Primer System Assembly.
    Bottom left: Tool head for XL-650
    Middle: Powder hopper assembly attached to a powder die. Inside the powder die is a caliber specific powder funnel. It looks like you're missing the powder bar spring(s) that goes around the base of the powder hopper and powder bar post (on the right end of the powder bar- yes that upright metal post).
    Top right: extra pwder bar
    Bottom right: tool-head stand (the stud fits into the middle hole of the tool-head.
    I have a Dillon XL-650. If you need further help, e-mail me.
    Cesar

9. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

thanks for the info , i ran into somebody tonight who might want it , about what is it worth , not a gouge price ,a friendly price. i have no use for it . Thanks Jeff

10. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Jeff, the sum total of what you have (outside of the failsafe rod) is a 650 quickchange kit, which is the powder measure, the powder die (on the bottom of the measure), the toolhead and toolhead stand. One of those kits sells new for about $95, and what you have looks in your picture to be unused or virtually so. In your discounting, be aware that Dillon's guarantee (life) goes with the machinery. They don't care where you got it; they figure that if you own it, they cover it.

The 650 is a great press. I've got two, one set up for each primer size (changing primer sizes is a pain).

Tony

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Looks like the tool head stand is missing a shell plate and the 3 locator pins (both specific for caliber).

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. chrisg

chrisg Member

I will take the powder measure kit if the price is reasonable. Email me and let me know what you want for it. I don,t need the other stuff.

13. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

thought that someone wanted , but they did not , so $60.00 will get this to your door. retails on web for $84.95 e-mail above

14. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Jeff put it on the enos forum and I'll bet you'll sell it. Ross

15. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Sold !!!! Thanks

16. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Chichay, the powder bar springs were done away with in a redesign. The two plates on the side of the powder measure indicate that it is the new design, which doesn't use the springs. Much more reliable as it is a positive return of the bar, rather than depending on springs which break or stretch.

You can change over an older measure; costs about $9 per measure.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.