1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dillon 900

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TLC Flying, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLC Flying

TLC Flying TS Member

I bought a used Dillon this weekend at the Western Grand. After only using MEC 9000s in the past. Is the learning curve so large that I just do not see it? Smashes all hulls like the wad guide is out of line. Seems like the the old addage of tossing a cupfull of powder and shot into the air is a litle short of what is happening. Is there something I am missing? I made the usual mistakes like not full strokes as I started but this is different. Any comments? Thanks. BW

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Make sure the wad guide is properly lubricated so the sleeve it sits in goes up and down freely. I am assuming that is the problem station. If that sleeve doesn't go up and down smoothly the wad will catch the side of the hull and crush it.

If it's a used machine get the instruction manual and clean and lubricate it well. I think the manual is available on line.

3. shot string

shot string TS Member

+1 on the Dillon. Their service is second to none.

4. happy

happy Member

Look down from above and make sure the shot tube goes down the center of the wad guide and shell. You can tweak this by twisting the clear shot tube or the shot holding bin. Do this as you look down and you'll see the shot drop tube move side to side. Also don't push the wad down into the fingers, Just set it in. Don't give up and don't adjust the final staion. Norm

5. dws

dws TS Member

I too bought a used SL 900 here on TS.com and had some trouble.. sent it back to Dillon and they went through it and made it like new - no charge.. I could not be happier. The SL 900 I bought was an older model and they upgraded and fixed it all for FREE. Don't give up till you talk to Dillon and/or send it back.. IMO the have a great re-loader and top shelf service.

Dennis

6. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

Not to mention that you have that cool Dillon calendar to look at while you are waiting for your machine to return......

Shoot safe, John

7. TLC Flying

TLC Flying TS Member

What a brain trust we have here. I oiled the slide that goes up and down with the wad. A good thing to do but it was working fine. Raised the shot tube one full turn with the allen wrench and loaded a dozen or so. Not perfect yet but that is the answer, I will get it right. But not tonight as I need to hit the feathers. Thanks again. BW

8. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Anybody have a used set of 28 ga. diea they would like to part with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dillon 900

dillon sl 900 crushing wad