1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

dillion micrometer powder bar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SL900LOADER, Aug 18, 2013.

1. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

I saw these for sale, they run $60.00, and always thought about getting one, i happened to come across a used micrometer from a friend for free, it had a broken tip on the curved body side, so i decided to try and make my own version, i figured it would only take i few hours, 10 hours later i was done!

But im pretty proud of it, and like the one for sale on line clames...it works so awesome i cant belive it, now im going on the flee market hunt for 3 more broken/ used micrometers.(two more for the 550-B) .001" on the dial is about one tenth of a grain!

my dillion has never dropped powder this perfect since i bought it, not even close.
    sl900loader_2010_061225.jpg

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I have one on a small bar and one on a large bar, both by Unique Tech. I love them and can't imagine going back to the factory "adjustment".

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

SL9000,
    To save some time you might want to consider buying a Micrometer Head only. I have a number of them out in my shop I use as precision stops when I need them. Been using them since the 1960's. For only $14.99 you can't go wrong. Here's a link for you to Travers Tool.
    http://www.travers.com/33785-57-016-132?Category=UserSearch=micrometer%20head||UserSearch=block%20id%2033785%20and%20class%20level3%20id%20299159
    There are other suppliers but some of them have higher quality heads which you really don't need.
    Let me know if this helps.
    Mike C. Groveland, CA
    cunninmp@hotmail.com

4. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Clickable link to Travers Tool. Type Micrometer Heads in the search box at the top. The internal search information Mike sent gets you ( got me ) a 404 error.

Don T

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Opps----sorry about the link. I didn't try it before posting.
    Mike

6. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

SL9000 you might also try ENCO industrial supply out of Chicago. Or Production Tool Supply out of Detroit, they all sell imported Mic heads pretty cheap.

Chuck