1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Digusting slobs....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Years I used to target shoot and plink on Wildcat Mountain Road. We'd lay tarps to collect our brass, and bring our own targets to shoot. And we'd pick up after ourselves. We shot everything from shotguns to machineguns.<br>
    <br>
    The area has degenerated over the years, eventually getting shut down because of mindless destruction and garbage, much of it hauled there by non-shooters. But the shooters didn't help their cause by reducing it to scrap and trash with gunfire.<br>
    <br>
    I haven't shot there for years, because on top of that it became notorious for armed robberies of shooters when their guns ran out of ammo. It wasn't safe to shoot without some of your party acting as armed guards.<br>
    <br>
    This happened on Larch Mountain too, another popular shooting area that was also very popular for offroading. It's closed to both activities now, mainly because of the boats, cars, appliances and other junk and garbage dumped there by non-shooters and non-offroaders. But shooters and offroaders got all the blame in the media.<br>
    <br>
    I've seen more and more areas closed to shooting, though hunting is still allowed. At least the state and the feds are recognizing that hunters are not the problem. That was at least stressed by the person complaining about this mess at the link.<br>
    <br>
    We obviously need to do a better job at educating other shooters, especially younger ones, so this kind of crap can be stopped. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of these slobs have never enjoyed target shooting and shooting sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.