1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Digital SLR Nikon for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by matttrapn, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

0   0   0

I have for sale a like new Nikon D-40X SLR camara package.

Bought new two years ago at Wolf Camera in Colorado. This system has the camera, two lens (18-mm/55-mm, and 55-mm/200-mm). Camera bag, all manuals and CD's. One filter, neck strap, and I will add a ProMaster systems pro tri/mono pod with the sale. I would like to get $700.00 for everything.

Thank you,

Matt Nicol

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Matt. What does that camera retail fo rat Wolf?

3. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

I searched and the first one I found was $649 with both lenses. I could probably find one cheaper if I wanted. oz

4. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

0   0   0

WOW, i gave $1400.00 for the package. They must have seen me comming big time. OZ, are you sure what you found was the D-40X, the D-40's usually sell for the money your talking.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

matt, my d40x ran around $700 new....

The lenses are the question.... bottom end Nikon, or high end nikon...

makes all the difference in price...

6. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

0   0   0

Try KEH camera, the largest used camera folks in the US for comparable prices. Based on their conservative ratings of equipment, you might find the price of this package a little high. 40x a great camera body, works with Nikons AFS lens - actually a similar photo chip to D200 but later (better I think) technology, really worthy of better lens than those offered within this thread. Try Nikon's 16-85 lens for a nice inexpensive companion to this camera - and of course any really good AFS glass will be complimented, the 40X really is an overachiever.

Typically would not undercut someone's offer to sell, but this is supposed to be a forum about shotguns, not ebay for shotgun shooters...

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

0   0   0

matttrapin - don't feel too bad about what you paid. The price of stuff like cameras have dropped a lot during the recession, as a result of improved technology and as a result of the manufacturer getting the r & d out of the model. Guns are one of the few things left that stills goes up every year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.