1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Different shotgun game

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoofty43, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoofty43

hoofty43 TS Member

I have heard of block shoots but untill yesterday I thought it was getting a BB in the center of the X. What a interesting sport it is. The shooter called Fritz set up a pattern sheet at 57 feet. The gun used long 4 inch interchangeable chokes. A special grooved barrel was used and was topped with a 20 power scope. The whole idea was to put a dot on the paper and completly blow a hole and remove as much paper as needed to eliminate the pencil mark.
    12 guage shells marked 2 2 10 were used. That's 2 dram 2 oz. of #10 shot. I was watching the holes blown in the paper and some were 3 inch in dia. Fritz told me competative shooters are restricted to use of the same shotshells only. No reloads allowed. It was truly amazing to look at the shotout paper and find the pencil dot still there and have holes and torn paper around it at times. We had a long conversation on shotgun chokes and shotgun bores and how they work together. You would think it would be a clean hole everytime but it was not. The regulations to make it fair for all shooters brought luck into play at times. Very interesting.

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Let us know when the first gun blows up !!!!

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Hey Ljutic 111 -

Why the comment about the load being used? What would prompt anyone to assume that a 2 2 10 load was somehow an accident waiting to happen? Better just stick to insuring things.

JK

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Let us know when the first gun blows up !!!!

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Hey Ljutic 111 -

Why the comment about the load being used? What would prompt anyone to assume that a 2 2 10 load was somehow an accident waiting to happen? Better just stick to insuring things.

JK

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Restricted to using the same shells does not necessarily mean they are factory new. This just means that all shooters are issued ammunition by shoot management to insure everyone is shooting the same load. Not that anyone would ever try to cheat in a shotgun sport where money was on the line.

JK

7. bb-84

bb-84 Member

I have a partial box of 2-2-10s that was made by Wagner. Winchester used to make them back in the 70s when i shot them at card matchs.

8. hoofty43

hoofty43 TS Member

Yes indeed, the shells were factory loads from Wagner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.