1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Different Remington Wads Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DENNISMASTROLIA1, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I usually reload with Rem hulls--Nitro or STS hulls. I reload with fig.8 wads.Today by mistake I purchased Rem RXP 12 wads instead. Is there a difference I should be concerened with or should patterns etc. basically be the same? Thanks--Dennis.

2. Trap4

Trap4 Member

I load 20 grains of Green dot with Rem Hulls either rem or win primers and Fig-8 or Rxp-12 wads and honestly have not noticed any difference.

Trap-4

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

there maybe some add or loss of preasure check load data

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dennis---The RXP makes more pressure as "maclellan1911" added when using a W209 primer but less pressure when using a Rem209P primer but they are very close. If possible use the Rem primers with the RXP wads and you will never tell the difference between the Fig8's and RXP's. This is with Green Dot which i use. You never stated what powder, primer combo you are using as well as how much or what recipe. If using Alliant powders try their online reloading guide. Mash the link above and just plug in your components it gives pressure and velocity suggestions along with the recipes. Good luck---Matt

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Good wads. Adjust your load accordingly

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Call the powder manufacturer and ask them.

7. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Thank you--Dennis

8. DENNISMASTROLIA1

I use clay dot powder,rem 209 primrs,sts/nitro hulls--will this rxp wad be o.k? The Alliant web site doesn't think so as they indicate that there are no recipes. However--they also indicate no recipe for the fig 8 wads either unil you did further into the guide. Go figure. Dennis.

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If the wad fits I use it. I never met a bad wad. HMB

10. DENNISMASTROLIA1

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dennis---I stick to published recipes only. I think Green Dot works great with the Remington hulls and wads and the pressures stay way on the low end which also helps for nice smooth low recoil loads. I'm not sure on using the Clay Dot with said loads. That doesn't mean it won't work just fine though. I just don't have enough experience to say yea or ney. Good Luck--Matt

12. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Thanks Matt---Dennis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.