1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Different Hull info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerseyshooter, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

OK, new to reloading but I know the old AA hulls are one piece and new AA hulls are 2 piece. What is the skinny on Grey AA hulls? What makes them different other than color. Also (bear with me please) what is the difference between the Rem Nitro and STS? Out of all, what gives longest service? I currently have 1000 old AA but they will not last forever and want to get a couple thousand more good hulls. thanks RICH

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

The dark gray AA are the same as the new red AA hull except for the color, like the old silver AA and the old red AA.

Like wise for the Rem Nitro and STS both reload the same. The cheaper Rem hulls Gun Club, etc also reload like the Nitro/STS. The Gun Club/etc hulls do have steel bases rather than brass for the Nitro/STS.

I like the Rem Nitro and/or STS hulls. I too am still working through my stash of old AA. I have started saving Rem Nitro/STS hulls. I like to color code my loads; Red/Green for singles and 1st shot on doubles; Silver/Gold for 2nd shot on doubles and caps.

As for longevity, I'll leave that to others. I just work batches of 300 to 500, culling out any hulls with pin holes and/or splits. When I am down to the last 100 or 200 I just reload them one more time and start a new batch with once loaded hulls. I don't bother tracking the number of times reloaded.

Jason

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Rich,

How are the loaders doing, I hope great.lol I have 300 to 400 old style AA hulls that if you are interested in them you can have for .02 each + shipping scene you have been such a great customer.

thanks
    lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.