1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? Differences in Winchester Model 12 Trap Guns??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rodbuster, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I have recently started shooting a Winchester "Y" model 12 trap that I had purchased a few years ago. The gun has been so good to shoot, that I was considering purchasing another model 12 trap. I have been looking around at guns for sale, and I am amazed at all the variations I have seen. Does anyone have an opinion of which version model 12 would be preferred for shooting and or collecting?

Thank you for your time, Rodbuster.

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Richard Colley has a beautiful example on this site.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It would be subjective at best, whatever works for you is right ... I shot a Model 12 for years and have since shot a few Perazzi's that I really like but there is nothing like a good Model 12 ... The TM-1 that I have shoots very much like the Model 12 that I was shooting ... There is no such thing as a bad Model 12, just some better than others ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I don't know if he sold it or not, but ALF-99 had a very nice M-12 trap for sale here a while back. If I recall correctly it had some choice wood on it.

ss

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Mod 12s are just like women...all good, just that some are better!

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

Try to make your next M12 an original pre 1964 trap. A "Y" model is fine, but after you shoot a pre 64 gun, you'll see that it is superior to the "Y" guns. I have a "Y" model pigeon with carved wood, engraving,etc., and it breaks targets just fine, but I still prefer my pre 64 guns. Smoother action, great wood fit and finish, solid, no cheap castings, perfect balance.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
trap shooting with a winchester model 12

winchester model 12 differences