1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Differences Between Lawrence and Remington Shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by The Kissable Wanker, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kissable Wanker

The Kissable Wanker TS Member

It seems that Recobs, a great supplier in the Wisconsin area, is no longer stocking Remington hard/magnum shot and are now going to be stocking Lawrence magnum. It's been so long since I've used any shot other than Remington that I don't know the differences in quality anymore. Can anyone tell me if there are any big differences between Remington and Lawrence? Not really concerned about singles or doubles, just in the performance from the 25 to 27 yard lines.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I've used both over the years. Couldn't tell the difference. Of course I've never used it(or any other shot)from 27 yds.(worked OK @ 26.5) I suspect the biggest difference is the bag it comes in!

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The differences are minor, but when you come down to the wire, Remington is rounder and harder than Lawrence.

West coast, formerly Hornady is the top. Winchester if you can get it too.

Lawrence comes in last of the 4.

But you still have to point the gun. Perfect round hard shot is of no use unless it strikes the target.

HM

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

My version of best:

1st West Coast

2nd Remington

3rd Lawerence

5. LarrySC

LarrySC TS Member

. . .spin the wheel, Vanna!

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Personally I liked the Black Diamond Magnum Shot the best, very round and seemed to be polished, as it was very shiny, bought at the grand in Vandalia Ohio several years ago, I don't think it is made anymore or was bought out by another company.

Gary Bryant
    Dr,longshot

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I agree with pheasantmaster.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I prefer West Coast over Lawrence. Remington shot has not been available in this area for so long I can't comment on its quality. Lawrence is much superior to some other brands of shot not yet mentioned on this thread and I would not hesitate to use it.

Pat Ireland

9. The Kissable Wanker

The Kissable Wanker TS Member

Anybody know of a West Coast dealer/supplier in Wisconsin?

10. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Ask any of the other manufactures of shot to put the antimony % in writing and see what you get. Remington, is the only company to print 6% antimony on the bag.THATS THE DIFFERENCE.....TD..

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Two Dogs- Don't get carried away with printed words. I am sure that Remington shot has 6% antimony + or - SAMMI standards. I do not know what the SAMMI standards are for shot. For new shells, the velocity printed on the box can be + or - 90 ft/sec. Most premium factory loads are pretty close to the advertised velocity, but there is no industry standard violation if a manufacturer loads shells with a velocity of 1120 ft/sec. and print on the box that the shells have a velocity of 1200 ft/sec.

Pat Ireland

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Sunset Dist. does not have a web site.

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Back in the early 90's (when I use to have money and shot was $9.50 a bag) I bought 25 bags of Remington 7 1/2 (Premium) Hard Shot: Opened two bags and couldn't believe it: pellets stuck together, flashing, oval-shaped pellets appeared to account for 5% of the bag. Randomly took a sample from another bag; same thing. I contacted the dealer and he said he would exchange the unopened bags for another lot; same thing. I never bought any more after that (creature of habit). I insisted that my dealer exchange it for the Lawrence shot. Never had that problem with Lawrence Brand (I believe Lawrence, at the time, along with Hornady, used an old fashioned shot tower). Now that was the 90's and I may be UNFAIR to judge the Remington shot based on something happened 15 years ago?? I haven't heard anyone at my local gun club say yay or nay about Remington shot. Now, their (Remington's) wads and hulls, that's another story as I've been very satisfied. I'll keep my ears open.

14. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Don't know the answer to your question, but if you buy it from Dean Bright, you have purchased the best, and from the TOP of top quality individuals!!!

Dean Bright...rarely mentioned on this forum but a rare individual!!!

IMO,

milt

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

About $1.29 a bag difference.

Rock

Jim

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Remington lead comes from China, Lawrence lead comes from mars. Mars lead is harder! Just what is a Kissable Wanker? Grand Marnier forever! I am havinging a hard time believing more than 1000 people have nothing better to do than look at this thread. No wonder Obama got elected. I am so glad it is winter and we can get back to some serious discussions here on Trapshooters.com.

17. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Pat...Who's talking about fps... I said...just ask the other manufactures of lead shot to put their antimony % in writing..

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

Two Dogs- I was talking about several things manufacturers put in writing that may or may not be accurate. Writing something does not make it accurate.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.