1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference in Perazzi's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ks-trap-shooter, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference in a MX15 and a MX2000. I am having a hard time figuring out perazzi's and what all teh numbers mean.
    Thank You Very Much

2. deking00

deking00 Member

Both are based on the MX8 Frame. The MX15 has more adjustments on the rib and different engraving on the receiver.

3. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

So will must of the parts (barrels) for the MX8, MX2000, and MX 15 interchange?

4. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Guys at the club I belong to had one of each. Both were unsingles but the MX-15 had a smooth sided receiver like the old MX-3 Specials & the MX-2000 had the scallops like an MX-8. The lock-up system & trigger groups looked identical. John

5. deking00

deking00 Member

Yes parts will interchange but the barrels might need fitting.

6. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

The MX2000 is a 5 notch gun with a scalloped receiver. The MX15 is a 6 notch gun with a smooth sided receiver. Locking lugs are the same. The MX2000 is designed to shoot 90/10. The MX15 is designed to shoot 100%. This is with the rib all the way down in the front and all the way up in the back with the comb adjusted accordingly. Most MX2000's come with a straight cast stock as do the MX15's. However, you can get them with right or left hand stocks. Depends on the dealer. I have owned them and both are great guns. The 2000RS is a 4 notch gun as is the MX10RS and the MX10 top single and the 2000 top single. You can view the guns on Perazzi.com. Hope this helps, Roy

7. deking00

deking00 Member

My mistake on the MX8 frame but the parts will still interchange.

8. deking00

deking00 Member

Web site above also has some of the other models on it.

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The MX15 comes as an Unsingle only not available as a combo. You can put O/U barrel sets on an MX15 but you might have a problem getting the rib height to match the Unsingle without changing the comb every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.