1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference in K-80 barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by steele, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

Not being well educated in K-80 barrels, what is the quality difference between old style & new style unsingle barrels. From what I can see, the only thing different is the extractor/ejector. Butch Novak

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Later barrels were supposed to have slightly higher impacts on the top barrel-otherwise they're the same-except for the ejectors!!

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Front barrel hanger on unsingle looks different, more solid-not slotted on sides like the older ones

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Oops, I was referring to O/U barrels!!

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Doesn't Kay use M/32 barrel for his OU?

6. steele

steele TS Member

Still looking for someone who knows the difference between "old style" & "new style" unsingle barrels. Was there a change in quality when the change was made? or is there only a change in the extractors/ejectors?

7. steele

steele TS Member

DB,
    Thanks, I sort of expected the reason to be something as mundane as that. For some reason, many shooters think the olders barrels are inferior to the newer models.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It was because they listned to a rumor! Also they changed something, so they assume the change was to improve on the original. You know what happens when people assume things right? I would not let that happen to me though. Haa-Ha!

9. steele

steele TS Member

I was told by a potential buyer, "No thanks, I had problems with the old style" No explaination as to what the problems were. Not being well versed in barrels, I figured I'd ask the TS guys, & I did get good results. thanks to all. Butch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.