1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference in Hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blueraven81, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

OK, this may sound like a stupid question, but being a new reloader please bare with me. A simple yes or no is a good enough answer.

Is there a difference between Remington Gun Club hulls that are factory loaded with 1 oz. and 1 1/8 oz. shot?

I believe the only difference is the Wad and the amount of shot.

Thanks, Blueraven

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You would be correct, no difference.

ss

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Possibly a different type of powder, but even if the same powder, likely a different amount of it.

Hulls are the same. Occasionally you'll run into some game load hulls that are identical, but have a 6-point crimp.

I still use them. The crimps aren't pretty, but they work fine.

4. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Thanks, I loaded 200 1 1/8 oz shells today in hulls that were factory loaded with 1 oz. and all is good.

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

You'll be fine. The Remington STS's, Nitro, Gun Clubs, Sport Loads, Sur-shot Heavy Dove, Game Loads (probably a few more) all load the same. I havn't messed with too many Gun Clubs but, the ones I have ran off were very good reloads. A guy I shoot with reloads the heck out of them. I believe they will reload longer than an STS's by what I've seen of my friends experience with them. I just prefer a brass base, I know I'm anal so I've been told.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.