1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference in chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by duckhunter331, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

I was just wondering if there is any difference in improved cylinder and skeet. Which is tighter if any tighter at all. I really don't really know constrictions at all so if anyone can clarify that it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Travis

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Improved Cylinder is "tighter" than standard Skeet. They generally are .004 to .005" apart depending on who makes them. There is a "skeet 2" choke that is generally just a bit tighter than Imp. Cyl. Generally speaking, you could rate them as: skeet = .005"; i.c. = .010"; and skeet 2 (aka light mod.) from .012 to .015." These are all amount of constriction and, of course, Cylinder would be .000" or no constriction....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the Briley web site showing the constrictions that they use. Bill Malcolm

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

The imp. cylinder is slightly tighter. You may not even see a performance difference. Pattern it but don't let it play mind games with you. It may drive you crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is light skeet tigher than skeet

is skeet tighter than imp cylinder