1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

difference in an 870 Target barrel?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blueraven81, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    What's a "Target Barrel" rem-choke and what is it's specific use? I know what the rem-choke is, just not the purpose of the barrel. Is it a good barrel for trap? I've got a 870 Wingmaster with a full fixed choke and I'm looking for a replacement barrel to spread the shot out a bit for a new 14 year old trap shooter.

Thanks, Blueraven
  2. shootman

shootman TS Member

Nov 5, 2007
    I believe if the barrell is stamped target it is backbored. Backboring is done to reduce recoil. I recently bought a 11-87 premiere trap and the barrell is stamped target and so is my 870 tc. Hope I answered your question BOB
  3. shrek

shrek Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Some of the target barrels were back bored, but not all of them.

Other differences include that 12 guage target barrels w ere 2 3/4" chambered and some had slightly different ribs one them.

you could easily use a regular field gun 870 barrel set up for choke tubes and put in a more open choke tube for the youngster to get going with.
  4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin
    trap barrel has a center middle bead.
    steve balistreri
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between a trap barrel and a target barrel

difference in 870 target barrel

diffrance in skeet barrell and regular barrell