1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between REM 1100 Trap and the 1100 Comp

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dan Boardman, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Boardman

Dan Boardman TS Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I have a Remington 1100 Compition shotgun and want to use it to shoot trap. 1st question what is the difference between the 110 trap and compitition models. 2nd is the 110 Comp OK to shoot trap with - 3rd which choke should I use - would it be good to get any of the chokes for the 1100 Trap model and would they fit the 1100 Comp??

I have shot maybe 10 rounds of trap in my 57 years of life.

Thanks much
  2. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Aside from finish/cosmetics;

Stock configuration and dimensions; Competition has a sloped comb with dimensions set up for sporting clays, the 1100 Classic Trap has a montecarlo stock.

Bore/chokes; the Compitition has the larger bore and "Probore" chokes, the 1100 Classic Trap has a .727" bore and takes the standard Remchokes

Weight (at least as listed); Competition is 8 pounds, 1100 Classic Trap is 8 1/4 pounds.

Deflector; the 1100 Classic Trap comes with a factory fitted shell deflector in the barrel extension which causes the ejected shells to drop close to the shooter so as not to hit the shooter on the next trap post, I don't know if the Competition has this feature.

If I was in your position, I would put the full choke tube in, use a shell catcher and give it a try. If your gun has the adjustable comb, you might want to test it for POI and adjust the comb if need be to get the POI you like for trap.

I am currently shooting my 1100 Classic Trap that I bought new in Dec. 2005 because I like shooting it and I shoot consistantly better scores with it than my Browning trap guns.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.