1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Perazzi TM1 and a TMS?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Can anyone give me the differences in the above mentioned 2 guns? The value of each if possible. Thanks, Mike

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

3. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

the tms special also has a tepered ribuaually a adj, comb

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I won a TMS model in 1983 and it was posted as only 45 made of them it was called a presidential grade if I am thinking right it did have pretty fancy wood and choke tubes and evgraving but I wasn't impressed with the engraving because it was on top of the metal and I could see it wearing off a lot quicker than the master engravers does on fine guns where they engrave below the surface.

Anyway I was told it was valued at 8,500.00 but shot ti for a month or so and let others shot it because the fanciest thing we had back then was a BT-99 as far as a true trap gun.

Well I didn't like it so had my cousin to take it to the grand and told him bring me back 3,000 for it, which he did ,he traded it for a new ljutic and he never told me what he got out of it but I was shooting a 680 combo beretta at the time and it kicked a lot less than the P gun and 25 years later im still shooting the same 680 combo gun.

Ok if you like to replace a few parts more often than some guns then a Perazzi gun is the way to go.

Ok I don't even like to change my oil in my jep at 10,000 miles but im sure I need to even though it is sythentic oil I heard it clicking when I start it up the last few days so it might be a quart or two low so I will just add a quart in the morning.

Foggy

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

eatingclays:
    Ok mine didn't have an adjustable comb on it but that was back in 1983 so maybe that was before they came out.

Fog

6. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Fog is thinking of a TML (Lusso). There was only 45 or so made.

A TMS had factory chokes. I think it was a Winchester thing - as most of the TMS guns I've seen were Winchester imports.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

The TMS i just bought has a 33.5 in barrel step rib , choke tubes (only got one). Trigger group is removable. It was imported by Winchester,very,very few marks on the wood,Comb is not adjustable. A little bluing is missing on the underside of the receiver. Gun is very tight when closing and lever is far to the right. I drove a 250 mile round trip to an estate auction and got it for $100 plus tax. How did I do. Any comments? Thanks, Mike

P'S' Still looking for the value. Would it pay to have it re-blued?

8. snkypete

snkypete Member

I have a TMS that is an Ithaca import. It has the striped receiver, drop out trigger,non-adjustable MC stock and factory choke tubes. I think it is one of the most under-rated P guns. Value? Of course depending on condition...but one that has had reasonably good care should be worth around $2,500. Mike, if you bought one in good condition at auction for $100.00 you made a great buy and you found an auctioneer that didn't have a clue what he was selling and obviously didn't do any research for the benefit of the seller.

Richard L.

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Thank you everyone. It looks as though I got a real buy. Mike

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

My mistake above. Typo. I paid $1000. for it. Mike

11. Turnpike Mike

Turnpike Mike TS Member

I am looking at a Perazzi catalog from Winchester (back during the years that Winchester imported them) and it shows the TMS as;
    - single barrel trap shotgun
    - 32" or 34"
    - stipped received (similar to the MT6)
    - drop out trigger (non selectable or adjustable back then)
    - screw in chokes (they had the generation 1 - threads at end - chokes)
    - step parallel rib

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

P.B.B. All the numbers match except the trigger. The trigger has been replaced with a coil spring in place of the leaf spring.

JCL,Ths TMS that you describe fits my gun perfectly. Nothing fancy. Decent grain in the wood but nothing great.

I took it out and shot it and could not really do very well. I like my unsingle K-gun so this one will go on gunbroker. If anyone is interested and wants to make an offer feel free. Mike

13. snkypete

snkypete Member

PerazziBigBore - Mike: I have a TMS with all matching numbers, including the trigger. The trigger is not adjustable. It has factory choke tubes, gen. 1. Nice, but nothing fancy wood, MC.I have the original info card that came with the gun from the factory. Just a good older Perazzi in great condition. The gun actually belongs to my son. It is not for sale.

Richard L.

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Richard L. do you think you could send me a photostat of the info card that came with the gun. Thanks, Mike (mengwe)

15. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

So MX-8B, does the TMS receiver on the inside stamped MAP TM1 ? Thats the way my Perazzi is marked. Ser.# 2000 plus or minus 10

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

On my TMS receiver the right side is marker"WP 76xx MAP. On the left side of the receiver it is marked " TMS "

17. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Mengwe, My right side is marked 0800 and ser.# the left side is marked MAP TM1 this is a factory generation 1 choke tubed barrel imported by Ithaca. So what is it? a TM1 or a TMS

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

As stated above the left side of the receiver is stamped "TMS". I am assuming the WP described above is possibly an abbreviation for Winchester Products since they were the importers. I do have 1 choke tube. Seems the difference between the TM 1 and the TMS is the choke tube thing. Mike

19. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Mike I got a TMS with striped receiver and choke tubes non adjustable drop out trigger. I got the gun for 1200 and the card was in the box the wood was plain M/C needed a new lock but otherwise a beautiful gun. I sent the stock to Sport coat to get a new English walnut coat and can't wait to get it back and shoot it again.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between tm1 and tm1 special shotgun