1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between New & Old Style Win. AA hulls

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by pahunter1, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

0   0   0

I have been selling wads, shot & once fired hulls for along time. Alot of shooters are sending me PM,S asking how I know the difference between the two Win. AA hulls. The Old Style is a one piece compression formed with the AA logo framed with a black box around the AA. The New Style is two piece hull with NO black frame around the AA logo. I have seen some guys selling the new style saying they were the old style, but there pictures show the new style. Please correct me if you know I am wrong in what I am saying Ed (pahunter)

2. TC

TC TS Member

0   0   0

The first couple years of the "new style", had a box around the AA. It was taken off and then several years later the "HS" was added to the base. This is for 12 gauge, the smaller gauges had the "HS" added before the 12 gauge.

3. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

0   0   0

IIRC the old style was surrounded by the box,(good ones).The next generation was either the "AA" by itself, or the "AA" with underlining,depending on how long the dealer kept this on the shelf, HS or 2 piece wad are supposidly "not good". Best bet, If it's green and says Remington, it's worth saving!

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

85TTR, thanks. That has been discussed on here quite a bit but the visual is very enlightening. Bulge.

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Does anyone know the reason they changed? It seems to me that the one piece design would have a lower cost of mfr.

6. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

The reason they changed is $$$$$$. The old ones IMHO were much better and alot easier to reload. The new style have a tendency to buckle

7. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

0   0   0

I lucky to have enough old style to last me a lifetime. I tried to reload the new style and now refuse to do so. There is nothing wrong with my presses, I know how to adjust my presses, there is nothing wrong with my components. The hulls just suck. Guys I know just getting started in reloading I've also been steering them toward the Remingtons. STS's, Nitros and Gun Clubs load the same.

8. The Stive

The Stive Member

0   0   0

I prefer the old style AA hull. I reload both and the new style will crease
    after a few loads, while the old style does not. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between old style and new style hs aa hulls

difference between winchester 12 gauge aa compression hulls and aa hs hulls

differnce between gun club and winchester aa hulls

new style win aa