1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between bunker and sporting shotguns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by victor6, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victor6

victor6 TS Member

I was perusing the Beretta international and US web sites. It doesn't appear that Beretta imports bunker trap guns into the US. Looking at those guns on the international site they look very similar to sporting models. What is the difference between bunker guns and sporting guns?

I currently own an Onyx Sporter (30", 1.49kg barrels w/Mobilechoke) ... what is this shotgun 'missing' if I wanted to drive up to Gator and humiliate myself?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate all the knowledge on this forum.

Regards,

Victor

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Nothing Victor. Drive up and have some fun. I'd suggest that you put two boxes of shells in your vest when you take the line. 1 oz of 7 1'2's will work. Good luck and shoot well, Bob

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Victor:

You won't be missing anything but a good time if you don't bring that B gun and come shoot Bunker with us on Saturday. There is no perfect bunker gun just like there is no perfect ATA/ SC/ Skeet Gun. What you have will get you started. You won't know till you try.

Tom

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Vic, I got bit by the bug to give it a try. The chatter on here has peaked my couriosity. I'm gonna head up to Ontelaunee R&G. There is no doubt that it will be a humbling experience. I can't embarrass myself any wores than I did at skeet the first time (all skeet doubles) now I shoot skeet as much as I can and turned that around 360 in a short time. I'm going to give it hell with a 32" Browning Citori Trap and a 30" Citori Sporting. My misses will not be the fault of either of my guns. Good luck.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The only differences I can think of, between your 30" Sporter and a Beretta Bunker is the chokes.

Bunker gun most likely has fixed chokes, IM/F. And usually lock the firing order with a screw for bottom barrel first.

6. victor6

victor6 TS Member

Thanks for the responses. That reminds me that I need to order an IM choke tube ...

I'll see you guys up there in a few weeks.

Have a happy Easter!

Victor

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Victor, Have some one check what you have with a bore guage if you can. Not all chokes read what they are marked. Worth the time if you can. Mid to high 20's and mid 30 is what you're looking for. JMO. Good luck and enjoy it, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bunker shotguns

bunker trap shotguns

bunker vs sporting shotgun

differnece betwen ata and bunker trap

perfect bunker shotgun