1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

difference between browning diana and diamond grad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bob radasch, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob radasch

bob radasch Guest

I have a browning Trap XT plus with flush invector plus choke tubes. Im considering purchasing the extended chokes just to make it easier to change chokes when want. I have been looking at the diamond grade and the diana grade browning tubes.

I cant really tell what the difference is between the two other than the diamond grade are about 10$ per tube more expensive and the color of the two tubes are a little different. From what I can tell from the Browning web site the bore diamter is no different.

The browning site mentions that the diamond grade tubes are used in the citori 625. Is that the only gun they can be used in- or can I put them in the XT plus????

thanks Bob R

2. philk

philk Member

They fit any invector plus barrel, gotta keep an eye on my kid to make sure mine don`t wind up in his goose gun.

3. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

Bob,

My best guess is that there is a lot of profit in the higher-end choke tubes so Browning has been introducing new models every couple of years --- if the 625 is NEW then so should the choke tubes for it.

They first offered a good looking high-end tube called the Midas which was a nice tube. I believe it is made by Briley for Browning as it looks pretty much like the Briley Spectrum tube in that it has the ring to hide the wrench slots.

Next was the Diana that looks like it is ported, but isn't, and which supposedly has a harder interior coating that makes them easier to clean. These seemed to be introduced with the Cynergy guns.

And now the Diamond with the 625's. All three of these series of chokes are excellent and will fit any 12 gauge Invector-Plus barrel.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

You could just cut out the middle man and get a set from Briley. They make all of Brownings extended tubes, at least that used to be the case.

ec90t

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

What does Browning get for a tube ? Some really stick it to you for a tube .

6. bob radasch

bob radasch Guest

Shydas gun shop will sell the Diamond grade for about 49 and the diana grade for about 46

Thanks For all the input
    Bob R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning diamond choke

browning diamond grade choke tubes

diffence between midas and diamond choke tubes

difference between diana grade and grade 5

whats the difference between brownings diana grade amd diamond grade choke tubes