1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between a type 3 and type 4 forend

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ceil, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceil

Ceil Member

What are the visual differences between a type 3 and type 4 forend on a Perazzi MX 8. I have 3 barrels and 3 forends. The top single has a longer forend iron and the lug on the barrel is further down the barrel than the O/U or an unsingle I have. The top single and the O/U have the same serial #s as the receiver, 42989. The unsingle has a notch in the lug on the barrel and other two barrels have a rounded notch with a flat bottom.
    thanks for the help Ceil

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have a way to correctly install the screws on a type 3 forearm. I have a pair of 4mm cap screws. I install the cap crews and tighten them down for a secure fit to the wood. I then replace the screws one at a time starting with the rear one with the Perazzi screws with Locktite and the proper set screws.

If you do it this way you will have a good fit and the screws will not back out.

TB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

diff between type 3 and type 4 tc barrel

whats the diffenece between a perazzi type 3 and type 4 forend