1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference Beretta SO-5 & SO-6

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LI, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LI

LI TS Member

I was looking at both guns today and wondered if someone could tell me the subtle differences between the two. Both were sporting clays guns, one built in 1991 and the other in 1993. I assume the SO-6 is the higher grade but could use an experts assessment. Thanks, Larry

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

speaking about Fabbri. i hear they start at $80,000.00 any pictures. what makes these guns cost so much? i also hear thet Beretta makes an SO 10 grade.

3. LI

LI TS Member

to MX-8B, thanks for the information. The SO-6 that I was looking at had no engraving but was in very nice shape and fit fairly well. Lockup seemed tight, with the top lever fairly straight (6 o'clock). I assume that with the type of lockup they use, that the top lever would not be well to the right (as a Krieghoff for example) as the bolts would then protrude too far from the receiver. Was suprised that it had mobil chokes. Had always assumed that the chokes would be fixed. Larry

4. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

ivanyl,
    If you are in the market for a SO you should take a minute and check out JTH Agency. Is website is www.jthagency.com

John is a true gentleman and will give you a fantastic price on what your looking for. He has an SO6 EL on his website listed for $27,000 but if you give him a call you will be pleasantly suprised on what you can pick up this gun for. Closer to $20,000!!!!

His number is (877) 453-0927

5. krieghoffkrusher

6. LI

LI TS Member

Well, I checked out the JTH Agency and the guns they have for sale are truly remarkable.I did not know they could get that high.

7. krieghoffkrusher

ivanyl,
    He does have some beautiful guns. The SO10's have about 400 hours of engraving. Beretta's SO-10's actually can go much higher than the ones you see on his website. They can go well over 100k depending on the engraving and gold inlay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta so5 or so6

beretta so6 el trap