1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

die head for 366

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by mooshkat, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

0   0   0

Just bought a set of 20ga. dies for my 12ga.366, was wondering if anyone had a junk reloader they keep for parts that i could buy the die head off it. I would think it would be easier then changing each component each time. Thanks Dave

2. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

0   0   0

Dave it is easier to change the die head as a unit with the tooling in place. But it's still troublesome. Lou

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

this is but a short stop on the way to having TWO 366's....

I should know. I have three now.

Might check out the hornady site. I'm sure they'd sell you a head. but you may as well buy a base, too.

4. blkfin

blkfin Member

0   0   0

Dave, There is one on E-bay for $36.00. It is under the heading Hornady 366. Hope this helps. Mike K

5. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

0   0   0

Thanks a bunch guys, you we all very helpful. Dave

6. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

0   0   0

Ebay dosent show any die head for sale, i have been checking on here for two days and i never seen one, maybe it sold before i went on. Thanks Dave

7. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

0   0   0

If I remember correctly, a new die head casting from Hornady is $34. In addition to the die kit, you'll need some additional parts. The website above has a list of the needed parts plus three articles on the 366. It's cheaper to buy the parts than to buy a used 366; putting two (or more) loaders on a bench chews up too much bench space for me.

It's a super easy change and you're right in that it saves tons of time and hassle to switch gauges: I find it takes less than 5 minutes to change the 366 from one gauge to another; less than 1 minute within gauge. Nice part is the shells come out perfect without any die adjustments -- once you standardize on your loads.

Seems to me that Colonial sold complete ready to go die head assemblies at one time. Could be someone is still doing this.

- - Bill

8. dls guide

dls guide Member

0   0   0

I don't know if you are interested, but I have a hornady 366 20 ga loader in good shape that I would sell for $200 bucks plus shipping. That way you wouldn't have to change dies. I use a PW 800 plus for 12ga and can't get onto the 366. Daryl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.