1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Didn't you say we are at war?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rpeerless, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm confused but I thought Obama said that we are at war here in this Nation back awhile ago? (find it before it disappears.) And did he put troops on alert and preparation re civil war and what about the four months with no internet, and communications rewritten okayed in state of emergency and talk of declaration of martial law?

If this Nation is at war, are we not all citizen soldiers (like the Minutemen) ready to jump to Our Nation's defense?

If all that is true, why would anyone ban so-called assault weapons at a time like this or limit them to soldiers only, but then we are all 'called to arms soldiers' in time of war, right?

Very confusing conflicting messages. Why am I not surprised?

And by the way, who or what are we fighting, Obama??? Foreign, Domestic? or Both? Just askin.

2. rpeerless

“I, like most Americans, believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual the right to bear arms,” Mr. Obama said. “But I also believe that the majority of gun owners would agree that we should do everything possible to prevent criminals and fugitives from purchasing weapons, that we should check someone’s criminal record before they can [purchase a gun], that a mentally unbalanced individual should not be able to get his hands on a gun so easily."

This is part of the president's statement. I don't know where he studied criminology, but I've heard from policemen and observed in police reports that criminals and fugitives don't purchase their guns. They STEAL them.

And what about mentally unbalanced individuals (criminal) that become that way after they are thwarted in a crime...? And isn't "mentally imbalanced" profiling?

Is the Gov going to require in Obamacare that every citizen must have a psychological exam? Or will it be if you wear red slacks or don't cut your hair you are mentally imbalanced?

3. rpeerless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.