1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Didn't know how good I had it !

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by amboy49, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Didn

Traveled down to the Houston area to visit family for Xmas. My son in law said there was a shooting range not too far from his house so we hopped in the DeLorean ( his idea of a hobby ) and headed for the range. A place called Carter County - rifle and pistol range . . . .trap and skeet ranges.

Walked in and was greeted by a pleasant lady - who then told us with a big smile that a round of trap or skeet was . . . . . drum roll please . . . . $9 - yes nine dollars ! ! - a round ! ! ! ! I'm sure my surprise and shock was evident. Shot one round and called it quits. The shells were only $4.97 a box but I still can't get over the $9 charge a round.

Anyone else traveled and experienced this exorbitant charge at distant clubs ?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

As I had heard, proof that everything is bigger in Texas.

HM

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I would have to pass on that one.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

$9 is about average in Florida, LOL.

-Gary

5. kd185

kd185 Member

0   0   0

as of January 1st, 2011 were $3.00 for members and $4.00 for nonmembers here in Connecticut

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

GW22 is correct. At Markham Park in S. Florida the 1st round is $9 and then it's $8 for each round there after. The extra $1 for the 1st round is for the lead reclamation fee.

Eric

7. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

that's good. you pay a dollar for reclamation and then they sell it for profit. what a country. Probably sell it to china. oz

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

I think my local range is up to something like nine seventy five. Almost passed out the first time I saw tgst. Then I went to a different range for four bucks and I love it.

9. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

0   0   0

but are you paying an annual club membership?

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Yeah my annual membership is a bit high at $150, but they do keep the club very clean and run it well so I think it's worth it.

11. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

kd185: At Southington Sportman's Assoc. is $2 for member and $4 for non-member.
    Rockville Fish & Game is #$2.75 member & $3.50? for non-member. Dave T.

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

You picked the worst place in Houston to shoot.

13. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A crusty old trapshooter comes in from a round of singles at a Texas club and heads into the Grill Room.

As he passes through the swinging doors he sees a sign hanging over the bar

COLD BEER: $2.00

HAMBURGER: $2.25

CHEESEBURGER: $2.50

CHICKEN SANDWICH : $3.50

HAND JOB: $50.00

Checking his wallet to be sure he has the necessary payment, the old shooter walks up to the bar and beckons to the exceptionally attractive female bartender who is serving drinks to a couple of sun-wrinkled skeet shooters.

She glides down behind the bar to the old sandbagger.

"Yes?" she inquires with a wide, knowing smile, "May I help you?"

The old shooter leans over the bar, "I was wondering, young lady," he whispers..... "Are you the one who gives the hand-jobs?

She looks into his eyes with that wide smile and purrs..........

"Yes Sir , I sure am"

The old shooter leans closer and into her left ear whispers softly,.......

"Well, wash your hands really really good......., cause I want a cheeseburger."

14. RAScott

RAScott Member

0   0   0

Bardum-dum. good one Frank C. At our club 2.50 per round members 3.50 non- members.
    Bob S

15. revbook

revbook Member

0   0   0

At my club $3.00 for one round and $5.00 for two rounds. Can shoot 4 rounds for $10.00. Same price for members and non-members.

Don

16. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

0   0   0

All the clubs in our area are $3.50 per round and memberships on average are $20-$25 a year at all the clubs.

17. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

When prices get to $5/round I will purchase my own PAT trap and build my own private field.

18. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

OZ,
    No they don't sell it....yet. They (the county) doesn't have the $1.5 million required to do all the work necssary to get the ground ready for reclamation. There's 25 years worth of lead shot laying among the trees and in the small pond we shoot over.

Eric

19. Landshark

Landshark Member

0   0   0

Carter Country and American Shooting Center are puble ranges in Houston.

The targets at ASC are about $8-$9 a round plus you are expected to tip the puller for the worst skeet/trap targets you'll ever see. I've never shot at CC but the public ranges in Houston all charge about $9/round and they stay fairly busy.

I'm a member of Greater Houston Gun Club (which now is full and has a waiting list) and we pay $67/month plus $4.50 round of skeet/trap. Is the $67 a month worth it? To me it is because there are pullers on hand, no yahoos shooting up the place, great membership and it's 15 min from my house. Sporting targets are .25 cents a piece. It's one of the best shotgun clubs in Texas.

I'm also a member of PSC gun club (semi-private)in Friendwood Texas and the skeet/trap rounds are $4.00. The annual dues are $150. PSC is another great place to shoot south of Houston.

Public ranges down here get the occasional shooter who wants to shoot 1 or 2 rounds a weekend, or tune up for dove season. I suppose the insurance rates for a public range are higher than a private range.

For the avid trap shooter, Metro gun club in Angleton (south of Houston on hwy 288) is the only way to go. Great targets and very nice folks to shoot with.

20. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

0   0   0

Members can pay just under $6.50 per round of trap or skeet at San Antonio Gun Club. We have paid professional management and staff, well maintained equipment and grounds. It is worth the extra money to have a nice place to shoot. IMHO Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.