1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you win or did the other shooter?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Your in a club shoot, (members only) a member sneaks a guest in and your in a shoot off with this guest. The quest breaks 100 you break 99 do you tell the judges/ administrators the person you lost to isn't a member and has not right to the prize (Trophy and $$)or do you let the quest take the prizes and consider your beaten?

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I'd let the other guy have the win...unless the other guy is Booger Blue.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

The individual who did not qualify to enter the event should be disqualified.

Pat Ireland

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Pat is right of course but this would be an opportunity for you to get a new member into the club. Let the guy know that you are aware of his non member status and in a gesture of good faith, he should take his cash winnings and put it toward a membership and square things with the club. This way you don't have to be the bad looser.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Beat him and take all his money and shells, bend the barrel on his gun, key his SUV and put sugar in the gas tank.....

That'll teach a liar and a crook.

Curt

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Sounds like ringer to me.

7. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

If it's a member only shoot where is the question?

On the other hand give him a big atta boy, shake his hand and sign him up so that he can legitimately win at the next event. The $$$ goes to the high club member.

8. obfd13

obfd13 Member

Since it was a member only shoot, wasn't there a way to identify a shooter as a member? What happened to the member who sneaked him in?

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rules, what a waste of time if they are not going to be adhered to ... Then why bother having them ..? Play by the rules to the letter and you'll never be labeled a cheat ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. jhoward

jhoward Member

Whoever was responsible for signups and squadding should know who is and isn't a member. I suppose at some large clubs that might not be the case, but if its a members only shoot everyone should have to show their card in order to shoot. I'm all for encouraging new shooters and trying to recruit new club members, BUT, both the member who sneaked him in and the shooter were knowingly cheating at a club event. Are these the type of people you really want in your club?

11. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

For you wonderful guys who suggested "sign him up", why in the hell would you want the liar and scum in your club as a member?! Tom Rhoads

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't think we established that the non member is in fact a liar and a scum. Probably just a guy that thought he was invited to a shoot. Anyway here is a chance to make an honest man out of him ......

I guess I don't really understand the problem, perhaps a good ol' tar and featherin is in order. I wonder if the issue would have been brought up if the guy didn't shoot well.

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

What Rick Johnson said.

14. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Rick Johnson.

But,the board should tell the member that put him in,you are on very Thin Ice.

bocephas

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter what you do at that point because if you knew before the shoot/shoot off started then the damage to the club and the sport has already been done.

Bob Lawless

16. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I agree with ole 687EELL, cause I can verify he is one tough hombre to shoot off against, a tiger when the money is on the line! puablo

17. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

What Pat said.

18. KS user

KS user TS Member

Politely ask the gentleman to purchase a membership,and if it is a calcutta shoot,buy him next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.