1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you shoot Delaware Oh gun club Buddy shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Anyone on here ever shoot the Buddy Shoot and Calcuttas at the Old Delare Gun Club Before it became Black Wing? Richard Turell had a long arm built for one trap that would throw an angle like you never ever seen before, An older gentleman broke em all and took a HEFTY JACKPOT home sorry thing is he passed away a week or two later.

You ought to have seen this throwing arm he had made.

I cut my teeth on 3 hole targets and harder angles yet.

Years ago I used to shoot at YANKEE HILL Gun Club in Pike County and the shooters that shot there that went to MISSOURI FALL HANDICAP took a lot of money home.

At one time we had 12 $200 jackpots on the wall for a 50 straight, 25 singles and 25 @ what you broke, I claimed several of em, the late Don Fritch took some
    Roger McNamer, Danny Keaton took some.

A shooter that shot there Frank Kapner won the calcutta at Missouri and he bought himself and took home a very sizeable sum.

The Missouri Fall Handicap, The Golden West Grand, The LasVegas shoot all used to pay big Calcuttas.

When they used to give away cars for winning one shooter rode out with his buddy
    said why don't you drive out, his reply was I am going to drive the CAR Home.

I just wish we could bring back those shoots in this day and age. When I was at the Las Vegas, his last big shoot Steve Carmichael and I were talking about those good ole days.

There was a Jeweler from Columbus named Ed Heister that won that shoot at Golden West Grand shooting a Winchester Model 12.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I shot there A LOT in the early 1980's. Used to be a nice 3 trap layout if I remember correctly....with 1 skeet field overlay. Pretty much cut my clay target teeth at that club.

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I helped run the nite shoot, Wed or Thurs, I can't remember.

This was in the late 70s & early 80s., before Turill.

We called it the wild bird shoot as we threw hole 4 or 5. and fast.

It was either 10 or 15 singles, what you broke on Hdcp. total 25 targets.

The Calcutta was pretty fat, 2- 3000.

We had people coming from all over; Ky, Oh. W.Va. Louie Morgan came several times.

A real challenge, and we had a packed house every week.

Regards....Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.