1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you see my Senator Sunday?/U.N. ATT Treaty

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Francis Marion, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch Fox News Sunday this week? I didn't see it live because I was embarassing myself at our state shoot at about that time. The first segment was Ron Johnson(my guy) and broken down old battle axe Diane Feinstein. I'm sure you can get it on the Fox News website or youtube if you want to. As my Senator was explaining how he took a sworn oath to protect our constitution, which does include the second ammendment, Chris Wallace asked the perfect question. Senator battleaxe,( I paraphrase) isn't it possible that someone with a CCW permit and a gun to go along with it could very well have stopped this before 12 people died.( talking about Colorado, of course) She actually said" someone shooting at the gunman would just have caused mass carnage". Holy S**T, you guys in California actually have to put up with this dolt.The really sad part is, I think Battleaxe Barbara is worse.I feel for you guys.

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

here ya go...

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Yes I saw it.

Too bad she does not know the real reason for the 2nd Amendment, it is not about hunting.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

here's a neat bit of info - look to the bottom of the page as well...

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Steve, Your man did a fine job defending our rights.

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I get seriously OFFENDED whenever one of those left-wing loons brings up HUNTING. I wish the moderator had stopped her right there and asked why she was changing the subject...!!

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yes I did! But I have the same problem, I have two worthless unrepresentative Representative's! Murray and Cantwell!!

8. Rick Barker

Or perhaps she does know the real reason for the 2nd Amendment, is afraid of it and hoes others don't know the reason for it?

9. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Back when Dianne was mayor of SF, she had a concelled weapon. The Chronicle had pictures of her surrendering her pistol, then going back in to get it back thinking she was off camera. This is was back in the 70's Tim.

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Doesn't her spouse have something to do with military contracts? Body armor is what I remember.

Can anyone shed some lite??

11. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I have the reply from my All Star Senator, Ron Johnson, here it is.....

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding United Nations (UN) treaties.

The United States has been the greatest force for good in the history of the world. This nation has promoted individual rights, free markets, self-determination, and religious freedom. Presidents of both parties have consistently promoted these goals, and at times they have used international alliances and coalition efforts to do so. I do not believe the United States should stop working internationally with our allies to promote these goals.

That said, Presidents have at times used international organizations, treaties and agreements to promote controversial agenda items at home – both in the Congress and in the states. Examples include accords such as the Kyoto Protocol on Climate Change, the U.N. Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty, the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea Treaty, and others. Without first seeking Congressional approval, Presidents have touted the benefits of these accords, and called for laws, policies, and regulations that would begin to implement agenda items. Agreements like these have often been cited as a reason that the United States should – or might be required to – enact new laws and regulations that might be in conflict with American values or tradition, or be opposed by a majority of the American people.

This is wrong.

I do not believe Presidents of either party should enter into international agreements or other commitments in a secretive fashion, or without the full knowledge of the American people and the U.S. Congress. The President should not enter into international commitments that require the United States to adopt policies that the American people would oppose on their own.

If the President requests that Congress approve or implement treaties that are in conflict with the Constitution, I will strongly oppose them. For example, I oppose the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea Treaty because it would transfer the rights of the United States to an unelected, unaccountable international body. Similarly, I will support efforts to prevent any U.N. Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty from curtailing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is important for me to hear the views and concerns of the people I serve. Since taking office, I have received over 500,000 pieces of correspondence and have had over 200,000 people participate in live forums and telephone town hall meetings. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can further assist you or your family. It is an honor representing you and the good people of Wisconsin in the U.S. Senate.

Sincerely,

Ron Johnson
    United States Senator

12. Rick Barker

Looks like she was sent to the woodshed after her remarks about the White House being the leaks of the National Security issues and then she "corrected" her statements the next day.

13. brownk80

brownk80 Member

She was made a deputy U.S. Marshall so she could carry in DC and on airplanes. She is still paranoid from the shooting of Harvey Milk in 1979. She actually wanted the police that guard her home in San Francisco to be unarmed as she claimed it scared her and her family and that they were armed so the police didn't need to be. As to the other 4 permits I believe at least two were for her husband and one of their kids but I am not positive.

Barbara Boxer is another one who dislikes firearms for no reason other than it gets her votes as is Pelosi.

After 40 years off and on I finally moved to Arizona where everyone behaves themselves.

Last but not least, our esteemed leader, stated on TV that the Colorado shootings happen everyday in every town in America. I guess that is just one more thing the liberal media figures we don't need to know!!

Can't wait for Obama and Hillary to try to sign away our 2nd Amendment rights. Shoulb be very interesting if the NRA and the rest of the country stand up and tell them "hell no".

Shoot well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.