1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by birdogs, Aug 17, 2013.

1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Did anyone notice that when Obama made his little speach about Egypt from yet another vacation spot that he was wearing a flag pin in his lapel? Please read the following and keep your nitro pills and yopur blood pressure medictaion near.

General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.)asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36,Chapter 10,Sec.171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least,"Stand and Face It".

Obama replied :

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression.." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

Obama continued : "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love.It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - -perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ...."

When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Yes, you read it right. I, for one, am speechless!!!

Dale Lindsborg , Washington Post
  2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Snopes and Urban Legends both say this is false.
  3. 548

548 Guest

Obama doesn't use the word "people", in it's place he prefers to say "folks". Anybody who has ever heard him speak knows that. And so this isn't even good bullsh!t.
  4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land

A little history on this photo.

It was purported to be a photo of Obama refusing to hold his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Obama claimed it was political dirty tricks, that it was NOT during the Pledge of Allegiance, but during the playing of the National Anthem.

Well, so far, yes, that is true.

Then Obama said that you don't need to hold your hand over your heart for the National Anthem.

Not true. From Wikipedia:

<i>United States Code, 36 U.S.C. § 301, states that during a rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart; Members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present and not in uniform may render the military salute; men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed. Military law requires all vehicles on the installation to stop when the song is played and all individuals outside to stand at attention and face the direction of the music and either salute, in uniform, or place the right hand over the heart, if out of uniform. Recently enacted law in 2008 allows military veterans to salute out of uniform, as well.

However, this statutory suggestion does not have any penalty associated with violations. 36 U.S.C. § 301 This behavioral requirement for the national anthem is subject to the same First Amendment controversies that surround the Pledge of Allegiance. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses do not sing or stand for the national anthem.</i>

So, the bottom line is, Obama, whether deliberately or ignorantly, disrespected the National Anthem.