1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you know that most game shooters were

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Did you know that most games shooters were registered shooters at some time or another and they just got tired of waiting all day to shoot?

Games shooters shoot Buddies, Annie Oakleys, Blue Birds, Miss & Outs and 3 man protection shoots, and they don't have to wait all day to shoot.

We start shooting about 6:00pm and finish near 11:00pm

We start out w/ 2 man buddies and as the crowd grows we go to 3 man buddies.

And do they walk you back for shoot offs.

These games you shoot at your own pace, you can shoot a lot or just a few, there is no boredom waiting to shoot all day.

Maybe the ATA ought to think about a 150 bird program 50-16s 50 - hdcps and 25 pair of doubles and you don't waste the whole day waiting.

I think something like this would work.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

The clubs would go broke throwing free shoot-off targets. On the other hand if you had ties divide the trophies (probably cash) the cp-winner's would get a box of ammo

3. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

And your investigation came up with about .0002% are game shooters now? Im surprised you didnt mention a bunch of greats like u normally do. Once again what you think it that feeble mind of yours is amusing.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I like shooting tin cans with my pistols.

I start with 2 cans and as the day goes on I add more cans.

I shoot the cans at my own pace. No boredom.

I think the ATA should try it.

I think something like this would work.

5. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

DB Bill
    No free shoot off targets. Target costs are subtracted from the winnings. Works great for us. We shoot games every thursday eve. No waiting & much more fun than boring registered shooting. Usually much cheaper also.
    Clyde

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

I quit shooting ATA targets because I have much more fun at the "games". Those 65 yard birds are tough to hit sometimes, but it sure is fun trying.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,

There are many other types of cans that are a lot more fun to shoot if you can get them to hold still ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Portigee Duckman

Portigee Duckman TS Member

Tell me what adding Buffer can do to a standard handi-cap load for long
    distance target shooting ? That is a 1 1/8 oz of shot .

9. fishguts

fishguts Member

I know guys who shoot both games and registered and leagues and practice, shoot it all.

Wayne

10. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

No I didn't.

11. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Many ATA shooters find it difficult to deviate from regulation targets. It is not uncommon to find game shooters that refuse to shoot regulation trap. In my experience a shooter who is proficient at regulation trap and trap games is an exception.

Regardless of what I shoot, If I can't keep the fun in the game it's time to go home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.