1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you know that most game shooters were

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    Did you know thatmost games shooters, the ones that shoot buddy shoots Annie Oakleys, Miss and Outs, Blue Birds, 5 From the door, or follow the leader were or are registered trapshooters who got tired of going to a shoot sign up and wait hours to shoot singles and then an hour to shoot Handicap and them wait some more to shoot Doubles.

Well that applies to me, when I go to shoot buddies I buy tickets and go wait for the next buddy shoot and shoot, if you have 3 buddys you shoot with you set set out every other buddy shoot and when it gets crowded we shoot 3 man
    buddies, and they walk your buns off to where they think you cannot break the bird, that is why I am known as Dr.Longshot, my Longshot 1 1/8th oz loads of 6s get the job done.

Now these gyus shoot every imaginable Trap gun you can think of from $100 guns to Tens of thousand dollar guns, releases amd pull triggers.

We start shooting at 6:00pm to 11:00pm or later on the average night we shoot 4 boxes of line loads that 20 protection shoots and we win money, sometimes we are ahead maybe $20-$50 sometimes we lose a little but we enjoy it, if we want something to eat or drink when its hot or go stand by the htr when it is cold
    but we are there every shoot.

We have one shooter who builds trap guns, they called it a Spring Gun named after the builder Bob Spring.

We have a machinist that puts sleeves in the chamber and does ofter work on guns.

They come from all walks of life Builders, HVAC, Insurance sales, Block Layers, Attorneys, Morticians, Truck Drivers, School Teachers, Etc.

I enjoy going to all those different trapshoots from Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana and Las Vegas.

But most of us still shoot some registered but not like we used to, trapshooting is changing, the ATA could also do some changing and make things more diverse and interesting.

Why not a 150 bird event 50-16s and 50 handicaps and 25 pair of doubles and your done and the day is not completely shot.

Gary Bryant
  2. running bear

running bear Member

Jan 29, 1998

How many post are you going to start about the same thing?

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Dang, I thought they all just came out of the woodwork.

Bob Falfa
  4. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Eastern Oregon
    In this little corner of Oregon there are several clubs that may shoot a 16yd or two early but shoot mostly the games the rest of the day, Baker City, Union, Cove, for the most part shoot the Annie's and so on, LaGrande and Wallowa for the most part are 16yd and handicap's. Pick your game and go shooting. October 14th Wallowa is hosting a 100 singles, 100 handi, 100 doubles for ATA and then on the October 15th is hosting a "fun shoot" 50 singles, 50 handi,and a 60 bird buddy shoot. Seems there are options already available if you look for them, at least in this area...........Larry
  5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    No I didn't.
  6. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Jul 9, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.