1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you hear Obama's............

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shot410ga, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Did you hear Obama's energy speech at Michigan State today. WOW, that man can speak better than anyone I've heard in 30 years. And it sounded like a real plan. More so than I've heard out of Mc Cain. Not that I would vote for him, but he is great speaker, and really proposed a workable plan.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Enlighten us on his...."Plan".

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I think his plan is to destroy America. This man does not consider himself an American. He is an outsider and despises this country and will try his hardest to tear us down. He has no energy policy except trying to wean us off of oil. He does not favor expanding any other REAL energy source like coal or nuclear. Our cars are not going to run on water. This fool man is by far the most liberal man to ever run for President. There should not be anyone supporting him with the exception of self-loathing Americans and true believing communists. I hope his supporters use what little brain power they have to come to their senses before the election. I have never in my lifetime seen such a stupid man gain so much power in this country over so many people.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Let's see. Put a tax on oil company profits,(who worked and invested to earn them), which will then get passed along to all oil product consumers in still higher prices and then re-distribute the money to everyone after the government takes a healthy administrative cut of the deal. Sounds commie to me.

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

shot410ga:

I watched Obama’s speech and, after a few minutes, formed the opinion that it was a speech targeted to Michigan voters, especially union members. What about workers in all of the other states? The final impression I took away from his speech was that more big government programs are his answer to our problems.

Obama’s speech also seemed to be a repeat of Al Gore’s speeches on global warming and renewable energy. I guess that they all smoke the same brand of dope.

Obama promised millions of good jobs with high wages. It makes me wonder how companies will be able to make a profit and what the ultimate price of the new products will be. If they are priced to high, foreign competitors, including their US based plants will eat our lunch with high quality, lower priced vehicles.

In his speech, Obama flipped flopped on offshore drilling which he now supports in some limited fashion. I bet that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reed and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi embraced that change with open arms.

The more I listened, the more grandiose promises I heard. I even thought I heard him support more nuclear power which he has adamantly opposed.

I am sure that the pundits will have a field day praising or picking apart his speech.

He again promised to raise taxes on the oil companies and give the little guys a rebate. We used to call this the Robin Hood theory of economics in class.

Tapping into the national petroleum reserve will not provide more that a few percent of our daily requirements. This strategy is like eating the seed grain during the winter and then not having anything with which to sow in the spring.

If he gets elected, it will not be “Change We Can Believe In” but “Chaos We Brought Upon Ourselves”.

Obama wants to implement an immediate mega project to achieve energy independence in 10 years. He also wants to change the national health care system and implement a community service program to allow students to earn college tuition. All of the new wind and solar energy will require a massive overhaul the national power grid as the energy will be created in a few states and used by many others. On foreign policy, Obama wants to totally pull out of Iraq and let the chips fall where they may in the Middle East. He also wants to increase taxes in a recession.
    While all of this change is going on, we will still have an oil crisis and the baby boomers will hit retirement age.

We were able to ramp up production for WW II because we had much of the design work on the weapons that we used to win the war completed before Pearl Harbor. Where are we going to find all of the engineers to design and implement these new technologies? You don’t need workers until you have products, factories, distribution systems and all of the elements of the supply chain.

Ed Ward

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Obama, he will change his mind. It's about time we all had a candidate who agrees with all of us regardless of what it is. Looking at his policies is like going to Hometown Buffet, he offers something for everyone even when they are exact opposites. At least he can't lie about what his positions are when he holds all of them.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Obama is just wrong!

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Timing is everything. Even in politics. Amazing how Obama changed his view on oil drilling just as Congress adjourned for 5 weeks. Gives him time to convince more sheep that he is the great hope for this country.

9. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

He did a speech if Florida on Saturday and basically said the same thing except it was about the Florida market, mostly NASA. He also threw in his affirmative action plan increases, increased Social Security, more taxes on the rich and increased deductions for the working families. His speeches are like Clinton's, full of bull and targeted to the non-thinking folks of the world. Where the hell does anyone think another 3 trillion dollars will come from. That is the estimated cost per year of his plans.

The local newscast report his speeches in the area but the national media does not spread around what he says in other areas.

McCain needs to address some of the problems in speeches or he will be left behind. This is not working for him. There are far too many really dumb voters and some of them are book smart. What a shame.

Increased taxes on wealthy will mean fewer jobs. Has a broke man ever hired you?

10. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

The three main components of Obama’s plan are:

— Get 1 million 150 mile-per-gallon plug-in hybrids on U.S. roads within six years.

— Require that 10 percent of U.S. energy comes from renewable sources by the end of his first term – more than double the current level.

—Reduce U.S. demand for electricity 15 percent by 2020.

“If I am president, I will immediately direct the full resources of the federal government and the full energy of the private sector to a single, overarching goal — in 10 years, we will eliminate the need for oil from the entire Middle East and Venezuela,” Obama said.

“To do this, we will invest $150 billion over the next 10 years and leverage billions more in private capital to build a new energy economy that harnesses American energy and creates 5 million new American jobs.”

To set an example, Obama is vowing to convert the entire White House fleet to plug-in hybrid vehicles within one year, and convert all federal vehicle purchases to plug-in hybrids or all-electric by 2012.

Tell me this, if you get all these plug in hybrids into use, just how will we make the electricity to charge them. BTW when was the last time that a power company proposed a new electric plant and the greenies did not oppose it.

In order to make renewable energy fesable we will have to change the contries power grid to get the power from the areas (windy) to those that do not have wind.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

WHAT A BOZO! There are estimated 250,000,000 vehicles in the US. 1 million represents a wopping .4% of this total. There are over 7.8 million new cars sold every year. 7.8 X 6 years = almost 47 million new cars. 1 million is only 2.1 %. Talk about pissing in the ocean! LOL

Require? Who gets killed if the "requirement" isn't met? If an energy company proposed a windfarm off the coast from Ted Kennedy's summer cottage, they wouldn't even get to the first hearing in 4 years. What? An energy company did propose that? The Kennedys opposed it and so its not getting built? How about that? LOL

Reduce demand by 15%? How? By the Democrats turning off the lights in Congress to go on vacation like they did last week rather than debate drilling for more oil? LOL

Somebody needs to plug Obama into a reality outlet.

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Running on Empty.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkytVjgn-Uc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkytVjgn-Uc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

HE IS A POS.

14. shot string

shot string TS Member

HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK

1. Open a new file in your computer.

2. Name it 'Barack Obama'.

3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.

4. Empty the Recycle Bin

.5. Your PC will ask you: 'Do you really want to get rid of 'Barack Obama?'

6. Firmly Click 'Yes.'

7. Feel better?GOOD! - Tomorrow we'll do Nancy Pelosi!

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I thought, maybe, this would pull a few chains. But, the fact is McCain is not addressing these issues. Maybe we need a Manhattan project to solve the energy problem. At least obama is talking about a fix (cure) McCain is not.

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"I even thought I heard him support more nuclear power which he has adamantly opposed. "

What I heard him say was double-speak. I think what he said was he didn't want to expand nuclear power until there's a viable way to store waste.

Yucca Mountain is in a legal morass, and until that's sorted out, all the high level waste is store on-site at each plant.

To me, what he said was, as long as we keep blocking Yucca Mountain, there will be no expansion of nuclear power.

HUGE MISTAKE in my mind.

Yet another reason not to vote for him.

17. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

410ga zeroed in on the reason Barry Obama will win in November. The guy is out there giving well polished speaches to a public that believes real life is what they see on TV. It doesn't matter that the Obama speaches lack meaning - they sound good. People want to believe in fairy tales such as 'the government will make everything better'. Thats what Obama is selling and a lot of people are buying it because the other guy is busy with a smear campaign and what he has to say just doesn't sound as good.

I think you are on the right track about nuclear power Tim, it is a way to get off our fossil fuel addiction. You and I both know that's what will be required for large scale H2 production and/or electric vehicles. Problem is Yucca Mountain kind of is in my back yard or at least 90% of the nuclear waste that would end up there would be transported through my town. Not real thrilled about that.

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If this clown really gets elected, we will truly become an Obama-nation!

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And just where are these 150 MPG cars? We don't even have 100 mpg cars now, and damn few that can even get 70 mpg with a tailwind in a hurricane. Obama is an idiot. And it's ironic he's saying this in the heart of American car making, because it ain't gunna be Detroit making a 150 mpg car. They can't even make hybrids that do much better than conventional vehicles.

20. 5spd

5spd TS Member

No matter what he said, hes going to change his mind tommorrow anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.