1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you get your free Veterans Day dinner?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gwsaucedo, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwsaucedo

gwsaucedo TS Member

In this day and age of watching the corporate bottom line, this weekend and Monday evening there were many restraunts, national and local alike, that gave free meals to Veterans and Military active duty personnel. I got to stand in line at Ponderosa with Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine and Coast Guard Vets from WWII, Korea,Vietnam, Granada, Panama and swap some quick where did you serve stories. Most were proudly wearing their branch hats and were glad to be among other Vets. I got to thank the manager for their courtesy and intent. Did you get to go out? Tell us whee you went. Greg Saucedo

2. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

The wife and I went to Texas Roadhouse, had a great meal and talk with some other vets. It was a good day.
    Bob

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to get out but I noticed more places advertised free meals for vets. I was very appreciative of that.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I ate at Applebees with some marine vets like myself, then we all went to the Vets home to spread some thank you's

5. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I saw many more adds for places donating meals to vets. I didnt get to go anywhere as we had friends over for dinner and the wife made Filet. They all had wine with dinner and I cracked a few beers. A good time was had by all!

Oscar

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lots of support and hopefully vets will return to those buisnesses and thank them with their economic support

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. Stonge

Stonge TS Member

didnt get a free meal myself as I am a vet but no combat service and I feel we should all do our time
    Thanks
    John

8. ctreay

ctreay Member

Our Legion Post put on a free lunch (with beverages) after our Veterans Day Ceremony at the local WWII memorial. We invite the whole comunity to join us from 11AM to 2PM.

ctreay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.