1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you BBQ today-Memorial Day-Did you say thanks?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mette56, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Started the smoker up today to clean it out from the 100 Pork Butts we did recently for ACS. Smelled so good I went to the freezer to rummage for meat. Found some wild hog hot links from Kornegy's in Cleburne, TX and some chicken leg quarters from Tom's here in Linn Creek, MO. Used oak cause I didn't have anything else. Smelled so good had to put some meat on...and did.

I'm off to the hospital emergency room for an eye flush. That food was so juicy every bite squirted in my eye.

How'd yours turn out???

OBTW, spent the day thanking my late dad (a Bataan Death March survivor) and all other vets for their service to our great country! I love Memorial Day!!! And I love our Military!!! And I love America!!!!!

THANK YOU VETS. Without your sacrifice, the above would not have been possible....

milt

2. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

First and foremost, MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO ALL OF THIS COUNTRY'S VETERANS!!!

I shared a wonderful weekend in the dry mountains of southern Colorado with my son, his lovely wife and my two grandkids. Yes, we BBQ'd!

Pat

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I played four sets of music/comedy today and each set I reminded the audience that if they enjoyed their freedom, they should thank a vet! Martinpicker

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

We didn't cook out today, because it was so damn windy, but I did give thanks to all the Vets, living and deceased. I did so esp. to my Dad, and my father in law.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It was a monsoon here. Went to a restaurant and movie instead. First time in over two decades I did not get on the roof to put the flag up, due to an inflamed knee. Could not go up the ladder. Did work on some model kits related to the Korean War, but that was not something I did for Memorial Day per se, as I work on them a lot in my spare time. My late dad is a Korean War vet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.