1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Tom Seitz intitial barrells he worked on?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mallard2, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Did Tom Seitz intitial barrells he worked on? Where on the barrel did the initials appear?

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Tom did not sign all the barrels he worked on. If he did sign them, it was C.C.Seitz. His real name was Charles. I can't remember his middle name.

Ajax

3. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Thanks. I appreciate it.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If signed, it's found on the underside of the monobloc.

5. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Who says

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

On 1100's and 870's you'll find the ccSeitz on the underside of the barrels, at least that's where mine are.

Barry, are you questioning the statement that he didn't always stamp the barrels w/ his CCSeitz?

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Tom was a friend of mine. We would have dinner and talk whenever he would come to Kingsburg Calif. for our state shoot. He did not stamp my Super-X barrel that he did. The others I sold so I don' t recall.

Tom Strunk

8. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

I'm not sure, if he didn't autograph all of them.

Yes I guess.

Maybe he did some and the shooter had to go shoot?

How did the CC come to be? Kerry no doubt knows.

I do know one thing. Kerry had a barrel Tom was to have done, and it crushed 27 yard targets.

Barry Kemper

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Barry, I say the ones I've had all had C.C. Seitz on the underside of the monobloc. I guess he could have stamped them anywhere, but, that's generally where he and the other barrel guys put their stamps.

Bob Baumgart stamped his initials on the trigger assembly.

10. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Allor did a lot of barrels he didn't sign or stamp before he started stamping them.

A sign of humility I suspect, then wanted to add value to his customers barrels.

Barry

11. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Gents,
    Tom did sign the underside of the monoblock on my TM-1 when he did his barrel work in the mid 80's as stated above with the inscription "C.C. Sietz" and I still have the gun. As far as other models such as the 1100's, etc. I suppose the barrel would be the obvious place to stamp his name and not the receiver as it is the barrel he worked on. I don't think we have any way of knowing if he actually stamped every piece he worked on.

That's my 25 cents worth....

Larry

12. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

Actually we do know. Ray Stafford and Tom Seitz were very good friends and Ray sent Tom a lot of work, including my DB-81 combo which was backbored, ported and choked. The gun came back unsigned. I asked Ray about that and he said sometimes Tom signed them and sometimes not. Ray provided me with an invoice to show that the work had been done by Tom. Tom was also one of the best riflesmiths to ever practice the trade and I've seen examples of that work also.

Jeff

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have two of them that he did that were not marked. I don't think he started marking them until trapshooters started making a big deal about his work. To us he was just Tom Seitz from Salem,Oregon who was a gunsmith that did great barrel work. Enos Handy ( Daro's father) always called him Tommy. I never heard anybody call him that except Enos. His name was Charles and he went by Tom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.