1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did This Happen or is Booger Lying Again?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Four to six years ago there was a handicap squad made up of four shooters on the 27yard line and one shooter on the 25 yard line. The 25yarder wanted to shoot with his friends so he stepped back and shot from 27 yards. It was a small club so who cared anyway?

The 25yarder won the handicap event for breaking the highest score. His friends said nothing about him shooting from the 27 and he received a yard. So, the result was.....a 25yarder broke the high score from the 27 and received a yard to the 26.

BB

2. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

You need a better lure presentation. Good luck anyway. J.W.

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I believe you Booger:)

FRedmon

4. biff

biff Active Member

He may be trolling, but I don't think he's lying. Biff

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Booger, you need more to do and if your going to troll slow the motor down and use better bait!

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I know of a case similar and what happened was the person got the punch but his score was thrown out.

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Shooting from the 25 is NOT shooting with your friends on the 27 on the same squad?? I'm calling BS on this one.

Eric

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You guys give me a headache. :^)

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Well I think he is trolling. Someone said but not lying, if the outcome is as he said then he has to be lying or lied to.

As the rules go if you shoot from the wrong yardage and your score is good enough to get yardage you get it from where you shot in this case 27. On top of that your score is disqualified and you loose the targets and still gets the yardage.

Bob Lawless

10. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

A thread concerning this story appeared on TS.Com not long after it happened. I'm surprised no one remembers reading it.

ivanhoe,(Bob).....Remember, this occurred at a small club. This squad was the last one of the day. Nobody was aware he shot from the 27 except his squad members and they kept silent. Therefore, there were no thoughts of rule infractions or disqualification.

BB

11. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Thanks, Biff!

Booger

12. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Oh man, BB, you mean it appeared on TS.com?

Were you there? If not, it's a lot safer to start with "According to someone on TS.com several years ago . . ." just to give your readers a tip about how seriously to take it.

Neil

13. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

sharpen the hooks on that Rapala!!!

tony

14. ZAGGY

ZAGGY TS Member

I believe you BB.. That was a very good question. Disreguard the nay sayers buddy..Zag

15. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Thanks, Zaggy!

BB

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Booger Blue

"Remember, this occurred at a small club. This squad was the last one of the day. Nobody was aware he shot from the 27 except his squad members and they kept silent. Therefore, there were no thoughts of rule infractions or disqualification."

Well I guess the small club should be looking for a new cashier as the clubs that our present cashier works this would have been caught before the winners posted.

I can never remember walking on to my first field in handicap and not being asked my yardage which is written on the score sheet. If the shooter told the scorer 27 and the score sheet came back to the office and had the wrong yardage on it the investigation would start immediately.

Biff and Zaggy they seem to think you are as honest as the day is long. I personally think you are full of Prunes. I don't care what you say either somebody is lying somewhere the scenario just doesn't fit known practices

Bob Lawless

17. Neil Winston

ZAGGY's been here a week.

Neil

18. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Bob Lawless,

You say: "I can never remember walking on to my first field in handicap and not being asked my yardage which is written on the score sheet."

My answer: I have shot trap for 40 years and I can't remember EVER being asked by a scorer what yardage I'm shooting from. The shooters just simply go to their yardage on their assigned post.

You say: "If the shooter told the scorer 27 and the score sheet came back to the office and had the wrong yardage on it the investigation would start immediately."

My answer: The score sheet did not go back to the office with any change. The 25yarder simply stepped back to the 27 and shot from there. Many of the young scorers do not know much about yardage and often pay very little attention where a man is standing anyway.

Now, you can insinuate that I'm lying but if you think what happened CAN'T happen then you haven't been around much.

Booger

19. Neil Winston

But were you there, BB?

Neil

20. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Neil,

You read the thread title. Each person is free to make up his own mind whether it really happened or not.

BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.